Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've recently purchased a 2014 SRT8, and I'd like to know if there is a way to keep the exhaust bypass valves open permanently? I have done this on my other car by removing the applicable fuse, but not sure if this is possible on the SRT8

Any help appreciated!

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
no need for fuse bypass. they are spring loaded. Just rotate squarish knobs on exhaust open and this opens the valves manually and then stick the end of the spring into the corner groove of squarish knobs to keep open.... Some people have cut them out also or wired the open. My method takes 5 seconds per side....

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Administrator
56,622 Posts
Yep had mine removed as they were squeaking anyway

·
Administrator
56,622 Posts
No sir...its flapper valves on the exhaust that were to help with drone during mds activation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
no need for fuse bypass. they are spring loaded. Just rotate squarish knobs on exhaust open and this opens the valves manually and then stick the end of the spring into the corner groove of squarish knobs to keep open.... Some people have cut them out also or wired the open. My method takes 5 seconds per side....

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Does it matter which way you turn the valve ? I noticed it turns both clockwise and anti-clockwise.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Sorry to bring this back to life.... but people who have permanently opened the flaps or removed the flaps with a CatBack, did it throw codes (CEL)?? [2014 models only] Seeing conflicting info online

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
UPDATE: Hose clamped and metal zip tied open both flaps. 3 hours of driving. WOT several times. No codes so far...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm looking for some subtle exhaust mods for my '18 and I keep hearing about this mod. Seems like it could be cost effective way to get a little more noise on at lower RPMs. However, I haven't read much about how the sound changes when you keep the flaps open at all times. So can anyone provide some feedback on how the tone or volume changes when doing this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts