Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the "new" cherokee have amber signals in the rear?

Cannot tell from the pictures.

If not, is there an easy fix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
They're red. Just like the 13's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think ALL Vehicles should be REQUIRED to have Amber Signals.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
And I think people shouldn't run HIDs in their fog lights.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
And I think people shouldn't run HIDs in their fog lights.
And I think fog lights should only be used when it's foggy! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think European countries require amber turn signals in the rear.

Here in Oregon, the law states that fog/driving/auxiliary lights must be dimmed or turned off within 500 feet of approaching an oncoming vehicle and 350 feet when following another vehicle.
These same rules apply to using high beams.
Oregon State Police News Releases News

And I think fog lights should only be used when it's foggy! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Overland
152 Posts
Amber!

It is hard for me to understand why manufacturers of vehicles for sale in the USA and Canada do not fit amber rear turn signals, unlike the rest of the world.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Re: Amber!

It is hard for me to understand why manufacturers of vehicles for sale in the USA and Canada do not fit amber rear turn signals, unlike the rest of the world.
The uniform color looks better.

Are there any diffinitive studies that amber turn signals reduce traffic fatalities?

·
Registered
Overland
152 Posts
I am unaware of any studies, but my eyes show me that it is indeed easier to distinguish amber turn signals from red turn signals lit at the same time as red brake lights.

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I am unaware of any studies, but my eyes show me that it is indeed easier to distinguish amber turn signals from red turn signals lit at the same time as red brake lights.
I agree with this. This is especially true for delivery trucks. They very often have very small stop lights (because back opens up and very is very little space so they just put those tiny round stop lights size of a fist) and they blink if turning. Absolutely ridiculous!

·
Registered
2004 GC Special Ed
6,891 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage|

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts

Because we don't want to be like the rest of the world ... just look at it. :D

I don't really care about the color. A couple of 1034 or 1157 bulbs are ok with me. I just wish more people would use the darn things!

·
Registered
941 Posts

The uniform color looks better.
Exactly right. Amber turn signals are ugly. I wouldn't buy a car with them, unless they were LEDs and clear.

I find it funny that people care about Amber turn signals in a set of brake lamps that aren't even LED for the brakes, the LEDs are only running lights. If you want to improve safety via rear end lighting, the studies have proven LED brakes lamps to provide a significant decrease in stopping distance because they light up faster.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts