Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Gorilla locks model 71643NBC for my new Jeep based on some recommendations that I read in this forum. That model of locks will not fit the 2014 Black Vapor Chrome wheels. I believe that the correct model of locks is 96643BC (for black lugs). I know some others were looking for locks so I thought that this info might help. I have attached photos of the stock lug for those who are looking for locks made by someone other than Gorilla.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Mopar wheel locks are nice if you have not looked at those yet. They have the anti-spin ring on the wheel lock. That ring makes it very difficult to get those wheel locks off using the impact method some of the wheel thief's use.

·
GO GREEN!
640 Posts
will the 2012 mopar wheel locks work on the 2014 black wheels? I saved them hoping they will...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Mopar wheel locks are nice if you have not looked at those yet. They have the anti-spin ring on the wheel lock. That ring makes it very difficult to get those wheel locks off using the impact method some of the wheel thief's use.
They look nice but it looks like they only come in chrome. The set I ordered has a wheel lock for each lug. From what I have seen of the impact method would take too much time to remove 20 lugs. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They look nice but it looks like they only come in chrome. The set I ordered has a wheel lock for each lug. From what I have seen of the impact method would take too much time to remove 20 lugs. I could be wrong though.

My bad, didn't know you were doing them all. Yes I agree, that would take way to much time and the thief would probably look for something a little easier...:lol:

·
The "REAL" JeepGarage Founder
1,379 Posts
I think the slight contrast of the bright nuts on the vapor wheels look good. Didn't your Jeep come installed with Mopar locking lugs? Mine did but maybe my dealer added them at N/C. I would get so much anxiety if my Jeep was left parked where the wheels could be stolen. Lol

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,014 Posts
the gorilla 96643bc is what I have on my 13' SRT Jeep and 11' Durango.....not sure who posted the other part #

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.