Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got my 2014 jeep grand Cherokee and my bluetooth will connect but won't play music out of it I took it to jeep they dont even know they problem ! Everything connects just no music will come out the speakers but when I make a call it works thru the bluetooth and body have this problem let me know asap plz

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,388 Posts
Hey I got my 2014 jeep grand Cherokee and my bluetooth will connect but won't play music out of it I took it to jeep they dont even know they problem ! Everything connects just no music will come out the speakers but when I make a call it works thru the bluetooth and body have this problem let me know asap plz
Not sure what you mean by "connect". Just because you can make and receive calls doesn't mean your BT audio is connected. Look thru the menu in audio system to see if it has been connected. Also you won't get any BT audio unless you have selected BLUETOOTH as the sound source after you have selected MEDIA, just as you don't get any audio from SIRIUS radio unless you have selected that after selecting RADIO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I mean
Not sure what you mean by "connect". Just because you can make and receive calls doesn't mean your BT audio is connected. Look thru the menu in audio system to see if it has been connected. Also you won't get any BT audio unless you have selected BLUETOOTH as the sound source after you have selected MEDIA, just as you don't get any audio from SIRIUS radio unless you have selected that after selecting RADIO.
That's what I mean the phone will connect to bluetooth and everything will say it's good to go but then no music will play at all they music wont play and did all the trouble shooting

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,388 Posts
That's what I mean

That's what I mean the phone will connect to bluetooth and everything will say it's good to go but then no music will play at all they music wont play and did all the trouble shooting
When you select MEDIA is the BT choice available to select? If my memory is correct, when it's not available it shows as grayed out, when it's available it shows as blue.

·
Registered
JGC
103 Posts
I had this exact issue when I installed my BlackVue Dash Cam. The WiFi connection between the camera and my iPhone didn't allow Pandora to play through the Bluetooth connection. When I turnoff the WiFi on my iPhone, it resolves the issue. Not sure if that is your issue, but thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried that and still nothing I might have to get a whole new stereo if I wanna use the bluetooth! Aux piece works great unless i come across a cheap used 1 with no problems I'll get that thrown in!! but you know where to get the lowering link for 2014 summit with the quadra lift ??

·
Registered
2014 Overland
166 Posts
I am assuming you tried this already, but did you try to delete the BT connection from your device - assume it's a phone - and remove the device from the jeep - then try to pair it as a new device? Sometimes the connections get corrupted so to speak. My apologies if you already did this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts