Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

85698 Views 275 Replies 84 Participants Last post by  mattagrella
Reactions: 1
161 - 180 of 276 Posts
Hey Scott, what happened to the Durango in your signature?
I'll respond for him. :) He traded it in for his wife's 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition.
Any chance mopar/jeep, etc would be selling this coil/spring lift kit to other wk2 owners that don't have the QL option? I would feel much more comfortable installing a mopar engineered lift kit to my 2012 gc.
:mad: If that mock up is the actual production (which I really doubt), I'm going to just go start my 2013 Trailhawk and shut the garage door....

They still have yet to put out a version of the Wrangler that is even driveable off of the showroom floor, so I'm skeptical that they won't completely weenie'fy this and make it look like a standard GC with 31" mud tires to make it look tough.

I traded in my 2012 JKU Rubi with 37s, prorock high-pinion axles, armor, blah blah because I do more snowboarding than rock crawling anymore, but if they launch this as the pic shows...I'm gonna f'ing die for not waiting for the 2014.:violin:
Since it's not listed on the fall brochure, does that mean it might be 2015MY before we see this?
Come on Jeep, don't get our hopes up and then leave us hanging! I wonder if they are too busy fixing the 2014 problems before releasing the special editions....
Just found this on instagram someone else follow up on the web! If I didn't have QL I would be all over this new kit!

Attachments

See less See more
Just found this on instagram someone else follow up on the web! If I didn't have QL I would be all over this new kit!
Doesn't look like it's on their site yet. Hopefully this is the kind of suspension under the production trailhawk 2.
Doesn't look like it's on their site yet. Hopefully this is the kind of suspension under the production trailhawk 2.
I agree, seeing stuff like this makes me regret getting QL. I will regret it even more if they offer the trailhawk with the SRT Hemi lol that would be a winner right there
That kit looks like some product they sell and they were too lazy yo take their own pics so they used the TH pics. Lame if you ask me.
IKON makes high end stuff. The pic may not be matched to the product correctly, but that wasn't done by IKON.
Now that the diesel is being ordered I'm wondering if/when there will be any talk of special editions (Trailhawk II, Altitude, etc...).

I know Scottina said that there has been talk that they won't have any this year but nothing has been confirmed.

Any thoughts?
Now that the diesel is being ordered I'm wondering if/when there will be any talk of special editions (Trailhawk II, Altitude, etc...).

I know Scottina said that there has been talk that they won't have any this year but nothing has been confirmed.

Any thoughts?

TH2 and S-Limited would be two nice special editions. In the land far far away the S-Limited is a CRD so maybe here it will come as am EcoDiesel. As for the more subtle group I hope an "Altitude" type styling package is offered as it was a very cool edition. For the hardcore off-roaders I really wish they would offer the TH2. Not all people like the Wrangler's. If the Grand Cherokee is going to have all the off road capabilities they need to utilize them and have a standard more aggressive then ORA2.
For the hardcore off-roaders I really wish they would offer the TH2. Not all people like the Wrangler's. If the Grand Cherokee is going to have all the off road capabilities they need to utilize them and have a standard more aggressive then ORA2.
I would love it if they put the ELSD back in the front.

-john
I am all about a TH2, but honestly it might be more useful to see an Altitude type package that allows for a GC Eco-diesel that doesn't cost 50k. I'm afraid to see msrp for a GC Trailhawk with the diesel.

(Limited, mandatory Luxury II package, + Eco upcharge, it is going to be right at if not over 50k)
I just checked in on the first page of the "2014 Grand Cherokee Features and Changes" topic to see if there was an update on anything regarding special editions.

Here's what I found (the new info is about the Altitude II and TH II. This wasn't on the page earlier)
Models

Laredo (late availability, July 2013)
Laredo E
Limited
Overland
Summit
SRT8
Altitude II (March 2014)
Trailhawk II (fall/Winter 2013 - unconfirmed)
(plus various special edition models later in model year)

I'm thinking we'll hear something more concrete in September. That's when they released info about special editions last year. That Altitude was B.A. for sure but I really am hoping for the TH II. It looks as if it's going to happen. I don't think Milous would have posted it without some good intel.
See less See more
I wouldn't get excited.. Most companies arent gonna steal sales from their base models by also offering special editions at launch. It's gonna be a year.. They will wear 2015 model year badges.
I wouldn't get excited.. Most companies arent gonna steal sales from their base models by also offering special editions at launch. It's gonna be a year.. They will wear 2015 model year badges.

I see your point however their special edition models have been incredibly popular in the past. I find it mildly entertaining that the info changed on the first page. That only happens when Milous has at least a sniff of something in the air.
Believe me, after all the delays this year I'm not holding my breath.
he has a sniff because trailhawk tests trucks have been sighted.....
he has a sniff because trailhawk tests trucks have been sighted.....
Has anyone who has sighted one mentioned anything of what tire size they are using on the test trucks?
different hood and different wheels...no idea on tire size. Wheels and tires shouldn't be a big deal anyway. You guys will change them anyway.
161 - 180 of 276 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.