Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 735 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Cherokke Limited
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2014 Limited with the standard projected headlights. I know a few people selling the OEM HID headlight kit from the LUx II package.

Does anyone know if this is a plug and play swap out?

If not anyway to make this work?

Really want to upgrade the headlight kit!

Reactions: Wayneoo

·
Registered
'14 Cherokke Limited
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would people sell the factory HID when it is so hard to retrofit?
Maybe used i don't know. There are a few on eBay.

But either way I want one I love the dtr leds

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
47 Posts
Yeah I have a 2014 GC Laredo and would also like to know if my projector headlights can be replaced for the hid /led accent headlights. I figure it should be an easy install because the front look similar in all the models.

·
Registered
'14 Cherokke Limited
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately the 2014s have a totally different wiring harness.
That's correct. Anyone have an idea if someone is making a plug and play harness to make the conversion?

Would really like to upgrade the headlights.

Reactions: Wayneoo

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's correct. Anyone have an idea if someone is making a plug and play harness to make the conversion?

Would really like to upgrade the headlights.
Same here.

Check my previous posts in this thread. Apparently there is a guy offering a conversion harness. I emailed him about one for the 2011-2013s and he said that he could probably come up with a harness that would work, which would be awesome if the 2014 headlights actually fit the 2011-2013 nose.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check my previous posts in this thread. Apparently there is a guy offering a conversion harness. I emailed him about one for the 2011-2013s and he said that he could probably come up with a harness that would work, which would be awesome if the 2014 headlights actually fit the 2011-2013 nose.
+Rep. :thumbsup: Thank you for the find. Just e-mailed him asking about pricing.

·
Registered
Cherokee
1,810 Posts
yea it would be great if he could make a harness for the 2011-2013 HID and NON HID headlamps...

·
Registered
'14 Cherokke Limited
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why dont you just get HIDs instead? They look great in the projector housing. I have 5K in my headlights and LED 5K in my fogs.

·
Registered
'14 Cherokke Limited
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why dont you just get HIDs instead? They look great in the projector housing. I have 5K in my headlights and LED 5K in my fogs.
I have the 5k already installed it about 3 months ago. I just want to get these with LED saw a few on the road I like the way they look.

·
Registered
'14 Cherokke Limited
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Installing these 2014 led hid headlights on my 2014 grand cherokee "laredo", aren't the harness the same? They should plug in without a problem. I could see a converter is needed if it was a 2013 or below.
Can anyone confirm this?

What about the LEDs telling them to go on and then dim when the headlights go on?

Also to turn the LED off when the turn signal goes on?

1 - 20 of 735 Posts