Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2014 WK2 Overland should be delivered this week or next week, and one of the things I would like to purchase is the lifetime MaxCare warranty for the vehicle. I got a quote of $2,995 from the dealer we are purchasing the vehicle through, and wanted to know what kind of pricing other people have gotten on their 2014 Overlands.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
There are websites where you can get it cheaper or you can wait closer to when the original warranty is up to get the warranty. There is a thread on this.

·
Registered
711 Posts
That is a high, get a quote from the online dealers and see if they will match it so you can roll it into whatever financing you have lined up. Or do as SnoFire said save the money and buy it before the factory warranty comes up.

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
My Lifetime MaxCare service contract with $100 deductable (it's not a "warranty") cost $2185 from an online dealer in January.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I paid $2285 for my 2011 a couple months ago. Mine had just under $48,000 miles so it was an extra $150. That means urs should cost around $2135 unless the price went up for the 14 model year.

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
435 Posts
I paid $1500 for Maxcare on 2011

·
Registered
'14 wht/blu Overland
210 Posts
Is the Xyr, XX,XXX mile part from the date the warranty is purchased or from the date of manufacture? If date of manufacture, then why wait until the factory warranty is about to run out?

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Date of manufacture..

·
Registered
Summit
280 Posts
Isn't it in-service date? That's what I always thought warranties were based on. When the vehicle is sold.
This is what I have seen.

My wifes car was a new but manager's demo car. It had 2k miles and the warranty expiration is off this mileage

·
Registered
783 Posts
Dealer tried to sneak this into my purchase as well. They wanted to charge $2,999 for it initially and then tried to talk down the price from there after I flat out refused. My salesmen knew I was an informed buyer and didn't try to bother, but the finance guy was the one pushing and got a little bent after I flat out rejected his speech on the offer after he showed me the price.

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
Is the Xyr, XX,XXX mile part from the date the warranty is purchased or from the date of manufacture? If date of manufacture, then why wait until the factory warranty is about to run out?
From date of in-service. Some of the extra benefits that come with the MaxCare service contract (Again...it's not a 'warranty') are nice to have, even while the vehicle is still covered under the factory warranty, such as Trip Interruption, Taxi coverage, Rental, Roadside assistance, etc. I did wait until just before I ticked over 12K miles, but that was more of a money decision. I plan on driving this JGC for 5-7 years and chose the lifetime version simply because my current driving patterns would blow through 100K miles long before I'm ready for my next one.

That said, it's a nice option to have available if someone suddenly decides to keep a car longer than they might have originally intended and wants to gain or re-gain 'warranty like' coverage for that extended period of time. They pay an additional amount to subscribe and any mileage/time limit still dates from the original in-service date, but they get some coverage for things that might be expensive out-of-pocket.

·
Registered
160 Posts
From chryslerwarrantys.com:

"Term starts on original vehicle in-service date"

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
You have the original warrenty until it runs out, the extra just has added benefits before that. It is less expensive (about 10%) in the first year/12000 miles. Is also a matter of when you expect inflation to return.

Not true everywhere but in Florida it can be transferred when the car is sold so can get some back if do not keep. That said, every car I have bought new since 1971 has been kept for over a decade & the current herd has over 170 years of "experience".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts