Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested. I just made a trip from Michigan to Cooperstown, NY and back. The JGC Overland with 6 cyl. I kept good track of the mileage and it was figured the old fashioned way. No computer results for me. Miles/gallons. Here are the results in order: 25.44, 26.004, 26.5, 22.15, 22.2, 27.14. The two @ 22+ were city/country, and the other 4 were freeway. I am happy with the results.

· Registered
Ram 1500
810 Posts
Switch to synthetic now. I did my first oil change at 2000. Can't hurt and it gets all the crap out from the break in IMO. I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic for my 5.7
I did our first oil change at 2200 miles. I like to make sure the engine is broken in so I wait until 10k miles until I switch to synthetic oil, which I use Mobil one also.

· Registered
Overland
13 Posts
For anyone interested. I just made a trip from Michigan to Cooperstown, NY and back. The JGC Overland with 6 cyl. I kept good track of the mileage and it was figured the old fashioned way. No computer results for me. Miles/gallons. Here are the results in order: 25.44, 26.004, 26.5, 22.15, 22.2, 27.14. The two @ 22+ were city/country, and the other 4 were freeway. I am happy with the results.
Did you compare your actual mileage with the computer avg. mileage. Just wondering how accurate it is. The last couple vehicals that I have/had, the computer avg. miliage was about 1 mpg higher than the actual.
I have a V6 Overland on order.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you compare your actual mileage with the computer avg. mileage. Just wondering how accurate it is. The last couple vehicals that I have/had, the computer avg. miliage was about 1 mpg higher than the actual.
I did not keep actual records of the comparison between the computer and actual. In hindsight, I guess I should have. I do think it was pretty close however.

Only 2500 miles. Hoping it gets even higher with time. I do know that it makes a difference what state you live in and what kind of gas you get. Would hate to live in California for that reason.

· Registered
Ram 1500
810 Posts
With my wife's it has been pretty darn accurate. It is usually within 2 to 3 tenths, usually on the low side. The most it has been off was 1 mpg more than I hand calculated it to be, that was the tank after a tank of e85 so that may have had something to do with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.