Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2014 JGC Rubicon Wheel Install

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GearWhore 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw a post on the forum where two other guys did this already. Just wanted to share my experience.

My Car: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E / v6 / trailrated everything is stock except for the new wheels, no lift. There are no rubbing issues when turning. No rubbing issues over bumps and potholes.

The wheels bolt up and do appear to clear the caliper however they do hit the caliper spring clip. It was difficult to determine how much they were hitting so I decided to back up the car about 20ft and drive forward again. The coming from the wheel well sounded like the suspension was rattling apart. Took the wheels off and we could tell that the spring indeed rub against the wheel. The spring is very thick and I determined it could be shaved down a little. I could have probably drove the car about 50 miles and the problem would likely also have taken care of itself (but I decided against that).

Before Sanding

During Sanding

Video of the Action
http://youtu.be/ZLT-LnOyCbQ

After Sanding

The Results

See less See more
#3 ·
Very nice. I love those wheels. Next, I suppose you are going to say you picked up the set for $500?! I've seen some around here, and they are always $1300-$1500.

#4 ·
Thanks.

I did not get them for 500. I did get lucky. The price started at $1500 but multiple people in the area are getting their jeeps ready for the jeep jamboree at the rubicon. I was able to negotiate down to $800. There was a guy willing to sell his for $600 but his tires were gone. These take offs had no more than 100 miles on them.

#5 ·
Wow. Great thread. Rubi wheels look awesome!

#6 ·
I just picked up a set last week for my WK2 as well! Seems silly the price premium for the new Rubi wheels over the Moabs. Also makes me question selling all the wheels/tires and accessories from my WJ, and JK builds, when I keep finding uses for them...though storage is always a bigger issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.