Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured out how to sync each key fob for seat and mirror memory settings 1 & 2. I know how to program 1-12 Sirius XM, channels. My question is, Is there a way to set 1-12 on memory setting 1, and have different Sirius XM channels for memory setting 2?

I found it easy to use up 12 of the presets, and my wife she wants her 12. Is this possible? This radio seems to have just about anything, I find it hard to believe that we each can't have our own preset channels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry cant help you with your question but can you help me with the key fob? I tried to follow the instructions but how do you place the ignition in lock? ( sorry if this is really obvious but this is my first vehicle with keyless go etc.) I was also not able to find "remote to memory" in the uconnect menu.

thanks

John

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I don't remember where I found the instructions, they didn't seem to work the first few tries. So I began pressing the #1 memory button and lock button on the key fob with the ignition off then on ON, then ACC, but I finally got it to work.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm trying to pair the key fobs to the memory seat positions. The User Guide that comes with the vehicle has one procedure and the Quick Start card has another. The one in the User Guide mentions going to Remote To Memory on the Uconnect Screen and pressing Yes. I cannot even find that option anywhere. The procedure on the Quick Guide appeared to work when we tried it but failed to work the next day. That procedure only involved pressing the Lock button on the remote a couple of times with the ignition OFF and then ON after pressing the seat memory button.

Does anyone know which procedure is correct, where the Remote to Memory screen is if that is the correct way, and has anyone gotten this to work and not disappear the next day?

·
Registered
310 Posts
First about the OP question, I haven't tried the XM presets but the FM presets will work just as fine! Just have everything setup before defining you 1 or 2 Memory Profile and it will load the presets with the seats, mirror and steering wheel position! You might even be able to set climate and some other presets on the memory.

--

Now I too can't find a way to sync the key fob with the memory. It looks to me that it needs to have the setting enabled on the uconnect. On the Doors & Lock settings there is going to be a Memory to FOB setting that needs to be enabled. I need to go through the process again, but I believe the right one is the one on the Owner's Guide and not the Quick Guide

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm still unable to figure this one out. I found the instructions in the book and followed them, but I have yet to be able to successfully set the memory settings with the fob. My wife ended up getting pissed off since I kept sound off the horn trying to setup the keys and made me quit.

·
Registered
2000 JGCL
37 Posts
Trying link the Key Fob to the seat memory using the procedures given in the User Guide and Quick Start card that comes with the vehicle. Nothings seems to work. Has anyone figured this out yet? If so, what is trick?

·
Registered
'14 Cherokke Limited
134 Posts
You have to be sitting in the driver seat with acc. mode

Hit the setting 1 or 2 on the driver side doors then hit Lock on the fob(hold for about 2 seconds)

Took me a while to figure this out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm having the same issue as the OP - can you get XM presets to work based on the key fob #?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm having the same issue as the OP - can you get XM presets to work based on the key fob #?
they work, but sometimes it won't load. sometimes it will take a couple of off/on the engine, or hitting the memory button to make it load, sometimes it will load the first time. there is some sort of issue but the presets are save and will load with the key fob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tried it again - still can't get the presets to stick. Must be an issue with my uconnect.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure about the presets yet but I did discover that after you mate your settings with the fob it recalls your settings ONLY when you press the unlock button on the fob. If you just grab the handle it stays at the last user settings unless you press the 1 or 2 button on the inside driver door. At least that seems to be how it's working.

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
124 Posts
Im still struggling with programming the FOB. How do I know if it is working, would it give you any confirmation that it actually took the programming?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not sure about the presets yet but I did discover that after you mate your settings with the fob it recalls your settings ONLY when you press the unlock button on the fob. If you just grab the handle it stays at the last user settings unless you press the 1 or 2 button on the inside driver door. At least that seems to be how it's working.
That sucks if that's true because my 2013 detects the FOB automatically when you put your hand in the handle and adjusts everything accordingly

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to link Key Fob to memory seats. I had to call UConnect support and they gave me the sequence that works.

Only have one key fob with you in the car. Leave other one in the house or far enough away.

This assumes you are programming memory 1.

1) Make sure "Linke memory settings to Key Fob" is turned on in settings.
2) Recall seat setting 1 by pressing 1 on the door
3) Turn car off. Car must be in off
4) Press Lock on key fob
5) Press memory button 1
6) Press "S" button on door

You are done. Memory 1 is now linked that key fob.

To do second one, take first key fob in the house, leave it there. Get second key fob and repeat above with "2".

·
Registered
18 Posts
How to link Key Fob to memory seats. I had to call UConnect support and they gave me the sequence that works.

Only have one key fob with you in the car. Leave other one in the house or far enough away.

This assumes you are programming memory 1.

1) Make sure "Linke memory settings to Key Fob" is turned on in settings.
2) Recall seat setting 1 by pressing 1 on the door
3) Turn car off. Car must be in off
4) Press Lock on key fob
5) Press memory button 1
6) Press "S" button on door

You are done. Memory 1 is now linked that key fob.

To do second one, take first key fob in the house, leave it there. Get second key fob and repeat above with "2".
What I'm expecting to happen is... if the seat was moved around, either by myself or the Memory 2 user, when I come back to my car and unlock it using the key fob it will return to my preset automatically (without hitting the door button).

Even using the above instructions, it still doesn't do this. I must hit the door 1 button to return to my preset.

Anyone else get this working correctly? Or are my expectations wrong?

·
Registered
18 Posts
What I'm expecting to happen is... if the seat was moved around, either by myself or the Memory 2 user, when I come back to my car and unlock it using the key fob it will return to my preset automatically (without hitting the door button).

Even using the above instructions, it still doesn't do this. I must hit the door 1 button to return to my preset.

Anyone else get this working correctly? Or are my expectations wrong?
Problem solved (my wife actually solved it for me!)

Updated manual has correct instructions for 2014 JGC:

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/

(Page 165-166)

Linking And Unlinking The Remote Keyless Entry
Transmitter To Memory

Your RKE transmitters can be programmed to recall one
of two pre-programmed memory profiles by pressing the
UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter.

NOTE: Before programming your RKE transmitters you
must select the “Memory To FOB” feature through the
Uconnect® system screen. Refer to “Customer- Programmable
Features — Uconnect® Access 8.4 Settings ” in
“Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.

To program your RKE transmitters, perform the following:

1. Remove the Key Fob from the ignition (or change the
ignition to OFF, for vehicles equipped with Keyless
Enter-N-Go).

2. Select desired memory profile (1) or (2).
NOTE: If a memory profile has not already been set,
refer to Programming The Memory Feature for instructions
on how to set a memory profile.

3. Once the profile has been recalled, press and release
the SET (S) button on the memory switch, then press
and release button (1) or (2) accordingly. “Memory
Profile Set” (1 or 2) will display in the instrument
cluster on vehicles equipped with the EVIC.

4. Press and release the LOCK button on the RKE
transmitter within 10 seconds.

NOTE: Your RKE transmitters can be unlinked to your
memory settings by following steps 1-4 above and pressing
the UNLOCK button (instead of LOCK) on the RKE
transmitter in Step 4.

UPDATE - Tip: Make sure you don't hit UNLOCK on the fob shortly after completing the linking. Doing so can undo the link per the NOTE above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used Wino's instructions above and it finally worked. Thanks! One note, with keyfob 2 the screen did not say that memory profile 2 had been set after pressing "S" then "2 ". But I just pressed lock on the keyfob anyway and it did save the settings.

I can confirm that it also works when you touch the handle (not just when you press unlock on the keyfob) ... It moves the seat to the proper memory position if it is not already there. I also just upgraded my uconnect software level to 13.19.0 today prior to trying these latest instructions, so not sure if this had anything to do with any of the above now working.

Thanks again Wino!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
149 Posts
Thanks Wino. Saved my tail. I'm a computer guy and this thing was driving me crazy.

Finally after two others instructions, which probably work for older software, I've found
your post.

After getting myself locked in the jeep for a few and the jeep telling me my key fob not detected, I just sat there for a 30 seconds doing nothing after the procedure you describe then unlocked the car with the remote, then it let me start the jeep.

I then got out, took that remote in the house and brought the other remote out and
same thing, your procedure, then it said key fob not detected. I waited 30 seconds then unlocked with the keyfob, started it. Shut it off. Then got out.

Came back with the other remote and touched the door handle and it worked.

Tested the other remote by just touching the door handle. It works

thanks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I used Wino's instructions above and it finally worked. Thanks! One note, with keyfob 2 the screen did not say that memory profile 2 had been set after pressing "S" then "2 ". But I just pressed lock on the keyfob anyway and it did save the settings.

I can confirm that it also works when you touch the handle (not just when you press unlock on the keyfob) ... It moves the seat to the proper memory position if it is not already there. I also just upgraded my uconnect software level to 13.19.0 today prior to trying these latest instructions, so not sure if this had anything to do with any of the above now working.

Thanks again Wino!
thats the old version, http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uconnect-8-4-north-america-66430.html the latest is 13.38.52 and its hands down so much better

1 - 20 of 23 Posts