Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible yet to change the default background image? Right now it seems the cracked earth is the only option. Have search in the display options and did not see this option. Maybe there is an app for this?

thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You cannot change the background image on the RA4 unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think that will ever change? Kind of disappointing. I'm not a big fan of the cracked earth, although I am aware it was picked specifically for my interior design.

Oh and can you explain to me what the Acronyms stand for? I have the Overland 4x4.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I beleve the Overland was a origanal willy's model. I think I read that someware.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Do you think that will ever change? Kind of disappointing. I'm not a big fan of the cracked earth, although I am aware it was picked specifically for my interior design.

Oh and can you explain to me what the Acronyms stand for? I have the Overland 4x4.

Thanks!
I hope that a future software update will let us change the background image, but I don't find it very likely. I have no idea what RA4 stands for. It is just the model of the head unit as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here you go, the different RA4 screens for each Trim.

Limited (Black Wood Grain Lines)

Overland (Cracked Earth Look)

Summit (Desert Sandy/Leather Look)

SRT (Blue Snake Skin/Carbon Fiber Look)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ok the summit looks to be leather (not sand)

I did find it in the ISO
as well as multiples of the cracked earth (and a bunch of the cracked earth with numbers 1,2,3,4,5 on them.. odd)
very odd thing is the leather is 108k jpg

the cracked is 1.17mb bmp (which i had to convert to jpg for display)

the srt is in a diff folder.. havent found it yet

looked at all the SRT files.. no image. The Ram folder had a ton of different ones. Odd
What's the ISO???

·
Registered
764 Posts
i dont know if you can yet.
If the system uses some sort of checksum, im thinking it work work... if it doesnt, it might work by swapping file names, or recreating the swf file with the new image.

The main problem is.. loading the update back in - if it fails - what happens!?? LOL whos going to try it first!?

EDIT:

more fun stuff inside the swf file(s)

protected function defineColorValues() : void
{
this.mColorValues["MainThemeColor"] = {hexValue:1409780, hue:-53, saturation:100, brightness:-26, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["SecondaryThemeColor"] = {hexValue:102, hue:240, saturation:100, brightness:40, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["BarThemeColor"] = {hexValue:16777215, hue:0, saturation:0, brightness:100, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["White"] = {hexValue:16777215, hue:-0, saturation:-100, brightness:100, contrast:100};
this.mColorValues["Grey"] = {hexValue:14474460, hue:-0, saturation:-100, brightness:-65, contrast:13};
this.mColorValues["DarkGrey"] = {hexValue:6710886, hue:-0, saturation:-100, brightness:65, contrast:13};
this.mColorValues["Desaturate"] = {hexValue:16777215, hue:0, saturation:-100, brightness:0, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["Black"] = {hexValue:0, hue:0, saturation:0, brightness:0, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["None"] = {hexValue:-1, hue:0, saturation:0, brightness:0, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["LightGreen"] = {hexValue:4639814, hue:120, saturation:66, brightness:80, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["DarkGreen"] = {hexValue:1723674, hue:120, saturation:66, brightness:30, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["LightOrange"] = {hexValue:16758309, hue:40, saturation:85, brightness:100, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["DarkOrange"] = {hexValue:8411923, hue:40, saturation:85, brightness:50, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["LightRed"] = {hexValue:16711680, hue:0, saturation:100, brightness:100, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["DarkRed"] = {hexValue:10027008, hue:0, saturation:100, brightness:60, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["DarkBlue"] = {hexValue:23193, hue:205, saturation:100, brightness:60, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["Darken"] = {hexValue:-1, hue:0, saturation:0, brightness:-50, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["Lighten"] = {hexValue:-1, hue:0, saturation:0, brightness:50, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["LightBlue"] = {hexValue:3394815, hue:0, saturation:100, brightness:100, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["WarningOrange"] = {hexValue:16758566, hue:40, saturation:85, brightness:100, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["SuccessGreen"] = {hexValue:4705351, hue:0, saturation:100, brightness:100, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["AlertRed"] = {hexValue:15073280, hue:0, saturation:100, brightness:90, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["LightRedUnsaturated"] = {hexValue:11763069, hue:0, saturation:30, brightness:70, contrast:0};
this.mColorValues["LightBlueUnsaturated"] = {hexValue:8229811, hue:216, saturation:30, brightness:70, contrast:0};
return;
}// end function

·
Registered
764 Posts
my next question.. is how does it know what model you have?

The update is for ALL RA4's.... so how does it know? Im wondering if there is a setting in the engineering menu? Has to be.. no way can it "tell", there must be something.

If this is the case.. then we should be able to at least change the background/model

·
Registered
278 Posts
my next question.. is how does it know what model you have?

The update is for ALL RA4's.... so how does it know? Im wondering if there is a setting in the engineering menu? Has to be.. no way can it "tell", there must be something.

If this is the case.. then we should be able to at least change the background/model
Yeah that would be cool if we could. Sounds like you are very tech savy so anything else you learn of this, let us know :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,870 Posts
The Overland was a car company on its own, then rescued by Willys.

Some of the touring cars/roadsters still around, with the sleeve valve engines.

... your grandad may remember them. My dad had one, but then I'm geezer age myself.
That sounded interesting, so I had to read a little more. Whoever thought to use the name on a Jeep was a good thinker. :)

"The Overland Automobile "runabout" was founded by Claude Cox, a graduate of Rose Polytechnic Institute, while he was employed by Standard Wheel Company of Terre Haute, Indiana, USA, in 1903. In 1905, Standard Wheel allowed Cox to relocate the Overland Automobile Company to Indianapolis, Indiana, and he got a partner.
In 1908, Overland Motors was purchased by John North Willys. In 1912, it was renamed Willys-Overland.
One of the more unusual uses of an Overland was in 1911 when Milton Reeves used a 1910 model to create his eight wheel Reeves Octo-Auto.
Overlands continued to be produced until 1926 when the marque was succeeded by the Willys Whippet.
The last vestige of the Overland automobile empire remains in the form of bricks spelling out "Overland" in the smoke stacks at the Toledo factory that once formed the core of Willys automotive empire. But the name would come back when DaimlerChrysler introduced the Overland name for a trim package on the 2003–present Jeep Grand Cherokee. The badging is a recreation of the Overland nameplate from the early twentieth century."

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, extra info guys, now I can explain the pedigree of the overland name to my friends.
B.T.W. god willing next year i will officially be a senor citizen. eight years and counting till I can fish every day!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.