Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Overland
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone confirm if the 2014 Overland has front and rear floor lighting? My 2011 doesn't have this feature.
I'm waiting for my 2014 and hoping it has that feature standard.
If so what color are the lights?
I haven't seen any posted pics.

Thanks!

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Yes it does

·
Registered
2011 Overland
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!
Can't wait for mine to get here!

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
If you really want ambient foot well lighting for your jeep look at this thread.

I have enough LEDs and connectors laying around I can build a kit for you to do the front and rear foot wells or just the fronts for you if you like.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/here...-footwell-led-lighting-pics-inside-42530.html

Thanks for referencing my thread!!! Thats a great mod for the 2011-2013 guys that did not get the footwell lighting from the factory. If the 2014 has it which it sounds like it does then no need to do it. Either way it looks great I love interior cabin ambient lighting. My current car (08 Acura TL-S) has red factory overhead ambient and footwell lighting and looks really cool.
Glad to hear it finally ended up coming factory installed on the 14's :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
The footwell lighting in my wifes Summit is pretty pathetic. I had to hold a piece of white paper down in the footwell just to see that something was shining. And in the back it is even dimmer. Not sure why they wasted there time with it if it doesn't even show up. Plus I'm a bit disappointed that they took away the ambient lighting in some places. They also turned down the brightness of it which was another huge mistake. Like the footwell lighting you really have to look hard to see it and it really doesn't help out that much in the door pockets.

Actually, ALL of the interior lights in the 2014 are significantly dimmer than our old 2011. Dash, gauge cluster, steering wheel, everything. The only thing that has decent brightness is the 8.4.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking to replace the footwell bulbs both front and rear (which as we all agree are useless). Is it a plug-and-play process or will I get error messages on the board? Also I guess need 194 bulbs, any ideas which are the brightest around so that I can get some sort of result, where can I get those?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would assume this would be a plug and play, too. I am also interested in switching out all the footwell lights for something brighter. The only advantage of the current footwell in comparison to nothing is the wiring is already done for us.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
2,220 Posts
Being as all the lighting on the dash etc is blue in our 2014 Overland, I went with THESE :

10 x Ultra Blue T10 8 SMD 3020 LED Wedge Side Light Bulbs Lamps 194 168 2825 921 | eBay

Replaced all "replaceable" T10 bulbs as others have done. And now everyone loves the Blue ambient lighting in our JGC. The color of the blue matches the dash and other stock lighting pretty much exactly.

I didn't mess around with the front Map lights and left them stock. I am also considering changing the LED in the rear foot well as, IIRC, they are soldered in just like the map lights. I do not believe that changing them is such a big deal as the front map lights. I might just buy the replacement light units and solder in blue LED's.

Has anyone replaced the rear footwell lights in their JGC's?????

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Can thesr be used for the 2014 and 2015 WK2 models?
No, the footwell and overhead ambient LED lights on the 2014/2015 are not wedge type bulbs that you can simply replace. The job can be done, but it will require the purchase of a single LED bulb in the color of your choice and some soldering and steady hand skills.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No, the footwell and overhead ambient LED lights on the 2014/2015 are not wedge type bulbs that you can simply replace. The job can be done, but it will require the purchase of a single LED bulb in the color of your choice and some soldering and steady hand skills.
I assume that means the installation of a resistor would be required, too. I then see the only benefit of our vehicle vs. a prior model year is the power source is easily able to be reached as I could tap into the existing LED power for any supplemental LED.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I assume that means the installation of a resistor would be required, too. I then see the only benefit of our vehicle vs. a prior model year is the power source is easily able to be reached as I could tap into the existing LED power for any supplemental LED.
Yes that is correct. Also, you can buy pre-wired LED's on eBay that already have a resistor wired in which is great. However, now that I think about it a resistor probably won't be required since you are replacing an LED. Simply take the original LED out (assuming they are LED's), and solder the new one in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.