Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
581 - 600 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
JGC HA
530 Posts
The hi/ lows are standard. The Philips LEDs have a Good size heat sink on them. Plus there is lots of room where the fogs are located. There was nothing there to concern me of heat coming off the LEDs.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I'm a fan of the Philips H11 LED fog light bulbs!! They put out a similar amount of lumens to the OEM halogen H11 bulb, but the 5700k color temperature definitely do a good job matching the OEM HID low beams.

I would however suggest ensuring you use a H11 LED PWM Module to ensure that the bulbs receive a stable 12V. Newer Jeep Grand Cherokees typically use a PWM (pulsing signal) which the LEDs do not like. Halogens can handle a pulsing signal because the bulb won't start to dim before the next pulse of power is receive, but an LED bulb will flicker.

Steve

·
Registered
JGC HA
530 Posts
I was watching another thread about the flicker issue, and it seems not to be a problem with 2016's. At least not with 2016 High Altitudes. So far I don't notice any flicker whatsoever and the colour match between the LED DRL and HID low beams seems perfect. So far I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was watching another thread about the flicker issue, and it seems not to be a problem with 2016's. At least not with 2016 High Altitudes. So far I don't notice any flicker whatsoever and the colour match between the LED DRL and HID low beams seems perfect. So far I'm a happy camper.

I hope this won't be an issue with the '17s either. I will try and see in a few weeks! Thanks for the review!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

Anyone know where this small plastic clear part goes? I was changing the overhead console light bulbs to led from my 2015 Grand Cherokee. In any case I had a hard time and took the console apart. I was able to put it back together with no issues but when I was cleaning up my area, I found this part on the floor. All buttons on the console are working. I don't want to have to take it apart again and find out it was just some random part. I can't find a full part diagram blowout online.

·
Registered
'15 GC Overland
274 Posts
Tried a pair of Philips 194 Vision LED bulbs in the rear passenger grab handles. I liked the color, but didn't have enough brightness for my taste. I'm going to try some brighter ones from super bright leds and pop in the Philips Vision LED bulbs in the footwell areas.

·
Registered
'15 GC Overland
274 Posts
Replaced all the interior bulbs with mostly LED bulbs from Super Bright LEDs and 1 pair of Philips Vision LED bulbs in the footwells which I felt didn't need to be that bright. The following listed is what I feel is best combination of LEDs for their actual intended uses and aren't overwhelming bright or blinding. I didn't want to cheap out on questionable brand LEDs and made sure all the LEDs were Cool White 6000-6500K.

As for the map lights, I desoldered the factory LED and the ribbon cable from it's circuit board so that the pre-wired LED from Super Bright LEDs can be mounted flush on the circuit board with the supplied double-sided tape. The pre-wired LED came with 2-3ft of wire so I shorten it down to 3in(1in is fine). Quickest way to strip the factory ribbon cable is to just melt the white plastic end about 1/4in with your soldering iron and then you'll be able to solder your connections. As pointed out earlier this thread, the writing on one side of the ribbon cable will be your (-) Negative. Also, the triangle notch on the top corner of the LED is the #1 pin and is the (-) Negative side.

Don't think i'll bother with the small faint LED in between the map lights or the ones in the footwells. I don't want them too bright as they are always ON while driving and may be a annoyance.

Dome/Glove Box/Grab Handles: (QTY:5) https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/206/919/

Footwell: (QTY:2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017VORB7M/ref=twister_B019LR3I10?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Liftgate: (QTY:2) https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-10-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/1677/4010/

Map: (QTY:2) https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/little-dot-smd-led-accent-light/639/1924/

Vanity: (QTY:4) https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/6612f-led-bulb-1-smd-led-vehicle-vanity-fuse-lamp-30mm-car/243/1162/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I am hoping to get some help with an issue with a part from the overhead console on a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Long story short, when I was replacing the stock halogen lighting with leds, the needle-nosed pliers I was using caused the passenger side light housing to become loose. It appears I could of just removed the entire overhead console with a trim removal tool and replaced the bulb much easier than the method I used with removing the lens and needle-nosed pliers.
Long story short, there is a small, plastic housing that unscrews counter-clockwise and allows an easier replacement of the bulb. That black piece is loose and appears to be broken. Does anyone know if I can purchase just the plastic housing for that bulb, and if so, can anyone help out with a part number? Thanks very much in advance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So seems its was never answered....But does anyone know how to remove the two lights above the back passengers? the circular button lights?

and did we confirm to changes these they aren't plug n play?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
320 Posts
So seems its was never answered....But does anyone know how to remove the two lights above the back passengers? the circular button lights?

and did we confirm to changes these they aren't plug n play?
The lens just pops off, stick a small screwdriver in there and pry while pulling down. That's how I got mine off.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
320 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
jeep grand cherokee
10 Posts
I got a 2018 GC , how do I change the headlight bulbs? I could not fit my hands anywhere near the bulbs? What's the easiest way to do it? Does anyone have a detailed diy or video?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 2013 but I'm sure that it isn't too different.

For the left hand headlight remove the air cleaner assembly for good access to the headlight bulb. For the right hand headlight undo the two bolts (located on top of the reservoir) holding in the plastic radiator reservoir, don't disconnect any lines and just move it out of the way to get at the headlight bulb. When putting the reservoir back just note that there is a locating hook/saddle on the lower part of the reservoir that engages/sits on a bolt to secure the reservoir.

·
Vendor
524 Posts
Complete interior kit with ability to choose from red blue or bright white footwells:

Complete Interior LED Kit for the All Jeep models including SRT, overland, Laredo, limited | deAutoKey

-it seems that newer models 2016+ doesn't have the ability to replace the rear bulbs :( but you can replace every other bulb.

Includes:
front/rear domes
glove box
sun visor
trunk
footwells in red blue or white! Blue is our most popular.

-Fade in/out like OEM bulbs
-Clean white color temperature & bright
-Won't stay dimly lit when your car is off

Creates a clean more modern look in your interior - get rid of those dull lights:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the 2013 but I'm sure that it isn't too different.

For the left hand headlight remove the air cleaner assembly for good access to the headlight bulb. For the right hand headlight undo the two bolts (located on top of the reservoir) holding in the plastic radiator reservoir, don't disconnect any lines and just move it out of the way to get at the headlight bulb. When putting the reservoir back just note that there is a locating hook/saddle on the lower part of the reservoir that engages/sits on a bolt to secure the reservoir.
Terrible advice.

Go into fender well. Remove the pieces that are in place specifically so you can change a headlight bulb. Swap bulb. I changed bulbs on my truck last night, took 5 min.

581 - 600 of 638 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.