Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
601 - 620 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking into upgrading my 2015 headlights to LEDs. I have been doing some research and looking around for my best options. I'm mainly looking for low beams and high beam replacements, possibly fog.

I'm thinking about getting these for low beams MICRO EVOLUTION H11 H16 H8 H9 - H11 H8 H9 - Low Beam Headlights - Shop Application

Then probably just stick with the same for high beams MICRO EVOLUTION 9005 HB3 - 9005 HB3 - High Beam Headlights - Shop Application

Then sticking with VLEDs for fog 6 XTE-2 LED FOG LIGHT BULBS H11 H8 H9 H16 - H11 H8 H9 H16 - Fog Lights - Shop Application

Is this a good move? I don't use my high beams a ton, could I get away with just replacing my low beams and fog lights to save some money then down the road replace my high beams if needed? I don't plan to change any other lights to LEDs in the headlight housing.

Also to do the interior...the kit for $95 seems like a bit much when it looks like most bulbs are at the very most $10...most being $2-$7?

·
Vendor
524 Posts
Those vleds are not that bright and you most likely will end up changing them.

We have many LEDs for your car if you email [email protected] they can help you

You can check out this website as it shows ours to be the brightest:
BulbFacts | Aftermarket LED Kits Chart - Comparing to Halogen in Reflector Headlights

You can see other bulbs are there too so you can choose others but know we offer something that many have loved and are really getting a lot of use out of during the winter.

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those vleds are not that bright and you most likely will end up changing them.

We have many LEDs for your car if you email [email protected] they can help you

You can check out this website as it shows ours to be the brightest:
BulbFacts | Aftermarket LED Kits Chart - Comparing to Halogen in Reflector Headlights

You can see other bulbs are there too so you can choose others but know we offer something that many have loved and are really getting a lot of use out of during the winter.

Thank you
I'm confused as to why your kit for interior LED swap is priced so high? From what I see they are 194 bulbs and then small festoon bulbs for the vanity lights. These all cost between $3-$7 from what I see

·
Vendor
524 Posts
I'm confused as to why your kit for interior LED swap is priced so high? From what I see they are 194 bulbs and then small festoon bulbs for the vanity lights. These all cost between $3-$7 from what I see
They are a lot brighter - fade in/out - no ghosting when off and clean white with a higher CRI than many on the market so you get the true clean color vs gas station lighting in your car.

13 x $7 = $91 but still won't have all the features. You could buy penny LEDs and no one is saying differently but with discounts we have going on and what we offer it has been a very popular seller.

Same goes for our reverse - they have a projector lens and very bright 921 in the kit (4 total bulbs). These have been some of the brightest on the market.

The VLED FOGS you shared for $70 will not work well as it won't be any brighter than most headlights so they are not seen very far - our fogs shine wider/further than your headlights providing a safer drive.

And our headlights - low and high beam are rated some of the brightest - we are not the biggest company but we always stay up with the technology and only install what we would want vs mass-producing product that make a quick buck but people are not 100% happy with - this is a photo of low beams and second photo low and high:

But whatever you choose is fine and not our point in posting - it is simply to share what we offer and the members reading can decide on for themselves.

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are a lot brighter - fade in/out - no ghosting when off and clean white with a higher CRI than many on the market so you get the true clean color vs gas station lighting in your car.

13 x $7 = $91 but still won't have all the features. You could buy penny LEDs and no one is saying differently but with discounts we have going on and what we offer it has been a very popular seller.

Same goes for our reverse - they have a projector lens and very bright 921 in the kit (4 total bulbs). These have been some of the brightest on the market.

The VLED FOGS you shared for $70 will not work well as it won't be any brighter than most headlights so they are not seen very far - our fogs shine wider/further than your headlights providing a safer drive.

And our headlights are rated some of the brightest - we are not the biggest company but we always stay up with the technology and only install what we would want vs mass-producing product that make a quick buck but people are not 100% happy with:

But whatever you choose is fine and not our point in posting - it is simply to share what we offer and the members reading can decide on for themselves.

Thank you
I like what I see. Do you have a link to the fog lights? I planned to buy the reverse lights kit from you. Also what is the link for the headlights offered? I have a 2015 GC.

Are there any additional discounts going on now that I should be aware of?

·
Vendor
524 Posts
I like what I see. Do you have a link to the fog lights? I planned to buy the reverse lights kit from you. Also what is the link for the headlights offered? I have a 2015 GC.

Are there any additional discounts going on now that I should be aware of?
Yes - the fogs are here:
LED Headlight or Fog Bulb Kit - Error Free - Plug & Play | deAutoLED

If you have the low beam H11 we have this - if you let us know your low beam bulb # we can link what you need here.

For sales we announce them by signing up to our mailing list:
Mailing List | deAutoLED

Or joining our FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/deAutoLED/

You can also check our threads for any sales we might have going on.

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes - the fogs are here:
LED Headlight or Fog Bulb Kit - Error Free - Plug & Play | deAutoLED

If you have the low beam H11 we have this - if you let us know your low beam bulb # we can link what you need here.

For sales we announce them by signing up to our mailing list:
Mailing List | deAutoLED

Or joining our FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/deAutoLED/

You can also check our threads for any sales we might have going on.

Thank you
Thank you. I don't use my high beams much and with getting brighter low beams and fogs, do you think I can get away with not changing my high beams to LEDs? Low beams and fogs are pricey enough

·
Vendor
524 Posts
Thank you. I don't use my high beams much and with getting brighter low beams and fogs, do you think I can get away with not changing my high beams to LEDs? Low beams and fogs are pricey enough
Yes we suggest fogs/low beams - high beams are rarely used and illegal in most situations.

What type of low beams are you using.

Our fogs are a lot less vs other competitors that are not as bright and we seen some cost double with the brightness we offer so we know while a lot once you install and use them daily it the price isn't through about again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes we suggest fogs/low beams - high beams are rarely used and illegal in most situations.

What type of low beams are you using.

Our fogs are a lot less vs other competitors that are not as bright and we seen some cost double with the brightness we offer so we know while a lot once you install and use them daily it the price isn't through about again.
My low beams and fog would be H11. My passenger is burnt out so that is why I'm looking into replacing/upgrading them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just had a dealer replace the right headlight bulb on my 14 GC..$304...was I ripped off?
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but you also posted this in the wrong thread. This thread is about replacing incandescent light bulbs around the car with LED bulbs.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just had a dealer replace the right headlight bulb on my 14 GC..$304...was I ripped off?
By dealer standards? Maybe not. But you could've done this yourself for under $50. Hell, even a run of the mill mechanic could change the bulb in about 15 minutes if you brought the part.

·
Vendor
524 Posts
No joke fogs - this is what you need for your JEEP - many will tell you they are brighter than your stock low beams:

·
Registered
17 Posts
2014 overland - I noticed the rear license plate is already an LED bulb, I want to replace the interior dome lights with all LED's but I cant seem to find a guide on how to remove the housings on the interior of a 2014. Also would like to change out the headlamp to a 6000k bulb and fog lights to yellow LED.

If anyone has pics or has already done this can you post up your link or share, thanks! I was looking for information on the bulb types needed also on the 2014

headlamp bulb type - D3S
fog lamp bulb type - PSX24W 5202 9009 H16
Glove Box Lamp - 194
Grab Handle Lamp - L002825W5W
Overhead Console Reading Lamps - VT4976
Rear Cargo Lamp - 214–2
Visor Vanity Lamp - V26377
Underpanel Courtesy Lamps - 906
Telltale/Hazard Lamp - 74
For fog light, be aware that most LED will not work. I tried several ones with different capacitors without success as the car is equipped with a system that prevent using bulbs that does not have the exact correct power.. I ended buying LED from Philips that they sell as replacement of regular bulb and it works.

·
Vendor
524 Posts
Our fogs have no issue working and are brighter (from 3rd party testing) :)

And a popular model - dual color yellow/white gives you option of hyper 3k and clean white. And strobe/flash in emergencies.

·
Registered
2019 JGC Trailhawk
60 Posts
I think JTS did a write up on this.
I cannot find this and these ceiling lights are bugging the hell out of me to the point where I'm ready to just "unplug" them, especially since they are literally right over our baby's car seat and shining in her eyes.

What are they technically called so I can try to be more efficient with my search?

601 - 620 of 638 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.