Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody else seeing the rubber trim around the lower part of the windshield coming unglued? It looks like it was glued to the fender and is what direct the water into the drain holes.

Attachments

· Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
175 Posts
Anybody else seeing the rubber trim around the lower part of the windshield coming unglued? It looks like it was glued to the fender and is what direct the water into the drain holes.
I just noticed that on mine as well this morning after I washed and wiped it down - thinking of adding some 3m decal adhesive with hopes it resolves it.

· Registered
78 Posts
I had same issue with my 13 trailhawk drivers side,went back to dealer and they replaced a new one then it bubbled up at dr side in corner but after a couple of hrs there the tech realized the clips underneath were not pushed in all the way. I might add that they had to remove the wipers and some other parts to get to it. I just picked up a 14 overland hoping all is good.

· Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,661 Posts
They need to bring back bright chrome windshield moldings. They would hide all these little problems. :lol:

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My pictures are a little too close, but the part I have coming unglued is on the left and right sides of the windshield, down at the bottom and is glued to the fenders. It seems to funnel water down into that plastic piece that runs the full length of the bottom of the windshield.

· Registered
162 Posts
This rubber moulding has been an issue for many owners since the 2011 model year.
Im on my 3rd one now and its just beginning to bubble up again.
Its a known issue and a good dealer will replace it without question.
Good luck.

· Registered
202 Posts
same issue - noticed it on pickup. Its these little fit and finish things I accept given the fact that its an american car. I shouldn't. Owning mercedes - infiniti and acura prior - I ve had none of these issues. I bought an 8 year warrantee with the car - so im not too concerned. :)

· Premium Member
Limited X
332 Posts
I just had this fixed under warranty. The part costs around $190. Can you believe when I picked up my Jeep, they didn't push the cowl all the way down until it clips. Another words, they couldn't even install that correctly. I wish they would just give me the free parts covered under warranty so I could install them.

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had mine fixed after I started this thread but I noticed a few weeks ago it had come unglued again.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

· Registered
3,618 Posts
So apparently this is a known issue. I'm not willing to accept this on a 1 week old vehicle. Guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow. Not a good start. Had an Audi and BMW that fit and finish were bulletproof.
Oooo, that looks much worse than what initially caused this thread to start. This is the first I have heard of it on a vehicle after the refresh. My 2015 is fine, at this moment!

· Premium Member
620 Posts
So apparently this is a known issue. I'm not willing to accept this on a 1 week old vehicle. Guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow. Not a good start. Had an Audi and BMW that fit and finish were bulletproof.
Performance and features being equal, you pay an enormous premium for the "bulletproof" fit and finish of an Audi or a BMW.

While I'm not suggesting you accept this defect, my experience has been that people coming from premium brands have unrealistic expectations of perfection in a mainstream brand vehicle that cost them tens of thousands less than an equivalent Audi or BMW.

You may just want to have it fixed and trade it in for a sauerkraut burner, because if having to have the dealer correct one relatively minor aesthetic defect is stressing you out, you probably aren't cut out for Jeeps.

· Registered
26 Posts
I disagree. The vehicle has a $40k+ sticker on it. I don't care if it says Jeep, Audi, BMW, or Kia.... Fit and finish should be better than that at this price point. I can't imagine I'm in the minority expecting a proper fit and finish on a brand new vehicle. Because it's an American car I should expect less? That's ridiculous. And most of the prior responses had this corrected under warranty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.