Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is a bugger. I can't let it go. There is not much I can do other than just get it ready for a whipple supercharger in 12 months as I will have to do engin rebuild.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So you guys that have had this problem, are you getting new oem lifters or is there more quality ones for our hemis?

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I ended up letting the dealer fix it. From what I understand but can't prove, the lifter design was changed or improved - not 100% sure it could be someone feeding me bs. Problem with not going OEM is no warranty if you do the work at the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2014 overland had been in the shop for a week to repair the lifters. They are still trying to figure out if the cam should be replaced. I have 114k miles on it. Very bummed.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
68 Posts
So what are the symptoms of a lifter failure? I am currently at 82k and my max care runs out at 85k. I am thinking about extending it, but I also may lateral over to something else. My jeep has been pretty good to me but the warranty has paid off as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can other people shed more light on this? Is it common? If so around what miles / kilometers is it happening? e.g. should we be replacing lifters after a certain distance?
Can other people shed more light on this? Is it common? If so around what miles / kilometers is it happening? e.g. should we be replacing lifters after a certain distance?
Mine at 54,000 miles and again at 141,000 miles - seems very common from my research - would not be opposed to participating in a class action lawsuit.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Let me add to this... Eventually my engine failed. Broken valve spring, fallen lifter, hole in piston. Also my brother in law's RAM had a lifter failure. I believe at 170k km

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its not everyday someone that had to do a total engine rebuild will say he was lucky .
I start with block and head only and specked everything up to 1300HP ready..
All I need is the whipple Just need to save some more $$$

21 - 31 of 31 Posts