Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a harshness while accelerating moderately (spirited but not past 60%+ throttle) around 2nd and/or 3rd gear 2200-3200 RPM? I'm assuming it may be the same culprit that is making the whistling noise. Its rough enough that passengers this morning said, "why does you car have so much vibration and we aren't even going that fast!?" It's bothersome and it does not seems liek an exhaust sound. Its not really a sound at all, but a vibration felt through the seats/dash, ect.

It goes away once cruising and does not show up if I rev it in neutral. Only under load.

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
335 Posts
im guessing its the engine block rubbers

one is missing or broken, that allows the engine to stress out causing vibration.

take it to the agency.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to beat a dead horse and ask again now that more people have taken delivery of their 14's... Am I still the only one who feels a vibration between 2000-3000 rpm under light to moderate acceleration? Its driving me crazy and I wanted to wait to bring it to the dealer until my first oil change at 1000 miles.

Reply or pm me if you notice any harshness in that rpm range on yours! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Mine has been smooth as silk. (knock on wood) I have had no problems with anything...period. Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee SRT
48 Posts
Sorry man. I haven't experienced anything like that either. I did have a very annoying rattle in my steering column that I finally got fixed yesterday. Other than that, mines been solid.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im going to beat a dead horse and ask again now that more people have taken delivery of their 14's... Am I still the only one who feels a vibration between 2000-3000 rpm under light to moderate acceleration? Its driving me crazy and I wanted to wait to bring it to the dealer until my first oil change at 1000 miles.

Reply or pm me if you notice any harshness in that rpm range on yours! Thanks guys!
Just curious if you had any updates on this yet?

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,006 Posts
I haven't noticed anything on mine.... hmmm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious if you had any updates on this yet?
Unfortunately no... I am bringing it into service late next week for the whistling sound i reported last month. Turns out SRT found a group of CV joints were machines improperly and are sending them out to my local dealer to have them swapped. When it is in for that i will get the vibration looked at. It still drives me crazy... I road on another 14, smooth as butter. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked my SRT up 2 days ago and i feel the same vibration. I have less than 100 miles on it so i am waiting until it get broke in and i get used to it before i do something.

·
Registered
SRT 03 Chevy SSS
65 Posts
:thumbsup:picked mine up 4 Jun...smooth as ............... No vibration.. at all throttle positions....Feeny Jeep in Elgin has an SRT only Guru mechanic..hope you get it fixed...My 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT and this '14 had NO BREAK IN period regarding anything about the vehicle (engine,trans electrical etc etc etc) either it's perfect from jump street or U have a problem:slapfight: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just took delivery on '14 SRT, September build, and experiencing the same vibration at light throttle around 2500rpm. It's hard to describe but you can feel the vibration in the steering wheel as it passes that 2,500-2,700 rpm range. Not good.

Has anyone had any luck in identifying the issue?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still haven't found a fix and my dealer is now blaming it on my borla exhaust even though it was present when stock. I assume they don't want to R&D when they can point a blind finger...

I really want to find the solution so if u get any answers please post here!

Good luck man. Other than that it's a killer truck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've picked up my 2014 SRT8 a few weeks ago and noticed the same vibration occuring under moderate load and it occurs predictably at 2500 - 3000rpm. I had it back to the dealer, but they say they can't detect it. Its definitely there which led me to finding this thread.

Has anyone had this diagnosed and fixed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
My car is 2016 with 150 miles and at very low revs feels Like I'm running over some ripples in the road or lane markers but nothing is there ??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I now believe after reading a lot that it's the cylinder deactivation shutting down 4 cylinders. It always occurs on a very light throttle and many stories seem to point to this as the main cause ... I hope they are correct ��

·
Registered
2015 WK2 SRT
384 Posts
I drive mine in sport and problem solved!! Deactivates MDS which is a really annoying system!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
321 Posts
My car is 2016 with 150 miles and at very low revs feels Like I'm running over some ripples in the road or lane markers but nothing is there ??
Ya thats the MDS, slight vibration in the wheel and the exhaust note changes

My first full tank in sport mode got 13.1mpg around town. Next tank I did Auto mode with eco on and I got 14.7

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the feedback ... I'm going to find out if I can get it permanently deactivated . It's about as silly as those ridiculous engine shut down systems when your stopped at the lights etc

·
Registered
2018 SRT
8 Posts
@14SRT or @chrisste

I just bought a 2018 SRT and have the same problem regarding vibration in the steering wheel between 2000 and 3000 rpm while engine is under slight to moderate load.

What was the final outcome of your situation?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts