Registered
High Altitude
89 Posts
A better pic of when I did it.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Everyone at the dealer claims it cannot be done . I tried two dealers with the same results. One of the techs said it would interfere with the sensors and violate the warranty. One of the dealers said that it would be too labor intensive and that the tow hooks would not really be usable. I have an 2018 Summit and I even called Mopar parts and the guy who answered said it won’t work on an 2018.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
939 Posts
I'm still waiting to see if anyone installs hooks on a 2017-2019 Summit. I"ve never seen it done. I'm not sure but it kinda looks like they won't fit and may line up with the bumper? Would have to cut out the plastic piece behind the fascia to figure out if there's enough room for the hook to clear the bumper or drill a hole in the front and see if it lines up with the frame. It looks like the fascia is longer on the older models and it's close to the edge!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
My service manager figured out how to install them on my 2018 GC Summit. Yes , the fascia would have to be trimmed out. But my GC is a leased vehicle. My lease will not permit any change that changes the original. But since it could be considered an asset I think they might let it go. But I never did it. I even tried for a better exhaust system that would sound better for the V8, and once again it was rejected.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
939 Posts
I've never seen them installed on a newer Summit and I've enquired in multi Jeep forums. You'd have to cut the plastic out behind the grill. (not a big deal) I don't think they would line up with the outer grill it looks to me like they would fall to close to the lower edge of the bumper! Well maybe eventually someone will attempt it.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
939 Posts
Congratulations on the install. Looks great!

·
Registered
2019, Jeep, Grand Cherokee, Summit, V8
41 Posts
Hi
Sorry to open old thread but this one had many experts.

What about removing only the lower cover (6CK19TZZAA) for more ground clearance when offroading. The amount of clearance gained is accessible for me. So, how easy remove it and will it expose critical parts for potential damage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
Sorry to open old thread but this one had many experts.

What about removing only the lower cover (6CK19TZZAA) for more ground clearance when offroading. The amount of clearance gained is accessible for me. So, how easy remove it and will it expose critical parts for potential damage.

View attachment 230798

View attachment 230799
Hello, i have cut the part. But in the future i want remove all for install the front protection Cheif production (this WK2 Lower Front Guard)

·
Registered
41 Posts
This lower cover is attached through quarter turn fasteners and clips to the above section. I still didn't try to remove it but asking if someone had.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes after cutting, the lower part can be removed by turning those clips you ask for. If you don't want to cut you can unhook the hooks underneath and remove all the clips from the bumper as indicated in the manual when you have to go off road.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes after cutting, the lower part can be removed by turning those clips you ask for. If you don't want to cut you can unhook the hooks underneath and remove all the clips from the bumper as indicated in the manual when you have to go off road.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
939 Posts
As far as I know it is not removable on Summit / High Altitude model and it maybe holding up the sensor / grill. There is a fellow Jeeper with a High Altitude that cut the bottom part off but left the plastic brackets on.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
939 Posts
I installed hooks on my 2018 High Altitude.

Reactions: Godfather

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tha
As far as I know it is not removable on Summit / High Altitude model and it maybe holding up the sensor / grill. There is a fellow Jeeper with a High Altitude that cut the bottom part off but left the plastic brackets on.

View attachment 230801
View attachment 230802
That's look interesting, do you have the link of this thread. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,848 Posts
It comes off on summit but harder to get off than overland. I took it off when putting the hooks on. Not something you would want to take off regularly but it comes off. Link is below

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
939 Posts
Tha

That's look interesting, do you have the link of this thread. I appreciate it.
Sorry no thread or link in Jeep Garage. This was someone from the Facebook wk2 forum (months ago)

Reactions: Godfather

·
Registered
41 Posts
There has been quite a few posts on the tow hook installations, but I wanted to add in some details, options and techniques I used on my HA in case it came in handy for someone. I know the posts here have helped me enormously as I have taken on different projects or just wanted to figure something out.
This is for my 2015 HA tow hook installation -Part I

• Started by removing the airdam and splashield.
• Some of the fascia 16 clips are easy to remove, others are more difficult.
• I made a panoramic picture of the clips locations. I pried the fascia away with a 2x4 to get the most difficult ones.
• Once the clips were out, I worked the fascia down and out until free.
• I detached the lower fascia grill from the fascia so I could work with it more easily.
• I tried a variety of techniques to cut the grill including a coping saw (very clean), utility knife, fine saw blade, dremel butane knife (couldn’t get hot enough), and a utility knife mounted to the dremel butane that I heated with my propane torch (this worked the best, just kept reheating the blade).
Great details and photos.

Can I ask you what is below plastic for?

141 - 160 of 164 Posts