Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Summit has a few small areas on the leather dash that I have tried cleaning with Woolite and microfiber but it doesn't remove the spots. I don't think I should try Goo Gone since it says not for leather. I also tried Lexol leather cleaner and it did nothing.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,888 Posts
Instead of a microfiber try a piece of leather. Over the course of spending a couple of thousand on Coach bags for my ex, I learned that the little piece of leather that says Coach is supposed to be used to clean spots from the bag.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Instead of a microfiber try a piece of leather. Over the course of spending a couple of thousand on Coach bags for my ex, I learned that the little piece of leather that says Coach is supposed to be used to clean spots from the bag.

Thanks for the tip. Now I just have to find a small piece of leather somewhere.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
227 Posts

·
Premium Member
'15 Jeep GC Overland
601 Posts
Never did find a small piece of leather to try. I just figure its one of many defects that Chrysler vehicles come standard with at no extra charge. :(
You could ask the dealer what they recommend but that's probably risky lol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My Summit has a few small areas on the leather dash that I have tried cleaning with Woolite and microfiber but it doesn't remove the spots. I don't think I should try Goo Gone since it says not for leather. I also tried Lexol leather cleaner and it did nothing.

Any suggestions?
Are the spots from a source you can recall (blue jay flew in the window, etc)? Knowing the nature of the soiling might trigger a suggestion of what might break it down without damaging the leather.

I had a small grease looking spot on the side of my passenger seat that came off very quickly using Adams leather cleaner.

·
Premium Member
2014 Durango Citadel
453 Posts

Well, I just learned another fun fact from this forum.....

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

I would think that would work great leather on leather but, the dash has a protective coating on it.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are the spots from a source you can recall (blue jay flew in the window, etc)? Knowing the nature of the soiling might trigger a suggestion of what might break it down without damaging the leather.

I had a small grease looking spot on the side of my passenger seat that came off very quickly using Adams leather cleaner.
Came this way from the factory.

·
Registered
'13 Grand Cherokee
640 Posts
Try checking with a shoe repair shop. You could also try Murphys Oil Soap. The problem is that by the time you get the mark out, you might change the color of the leather in that spot.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Try checking with a shoe repair shop. You could also try Murphys Oil Soap. The problem is that by the time you get the mark out, you might change the color of the leather in that spot.
That's the concern. Like others here who accept it, I'll just chalk it up to poor Chrysler quality control. What do you expect for 50K+.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.