·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Looking good!!

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
Very nice! Any pics of the interior you can take and share? Close-ups of the wood grain would be much appreciated too! Question for you, how far up the hood about did you have the X-pel put?

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts
Looks good Glock!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! Any pics of the interior you can take and share? Close-ups of the wood grain would be much appreciated too! Question for you, how far up the hood about did you have the X-pel put?
I went 24" on the hood (XPEL untilimate), after that they have to switch to the 60" W roll which is $$$$. Had the front, side fenders and headlights wrapped. Did a complete clay job and put a coat of Opti-Coat on it as well. I'll get some interior shots shortly

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Drool worthy

Nice!!!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you debadge the front of it? It is missing "jeep" from the hood.
Yes I did remove - I can appreciate Jeep wanting to market themselves and have no problem with emblems on the car but dear lord I think they over did it with the rear, front and sides all representing the Jeep name. Something had to go so the front it was.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I went 24" on the hood (XPEL untilimate), after that they have to switch to the 60" W roll which is $$$$. Had the front, side fenders and headlights wrapped. Did a complete clay job and put a coat of Opti-Coat on it as well. I'll get some interior shots shortly
How much did each piece cost you to put on or the whole thing if priced as one complete job ? Do you have any prior experience using this film? I would like to know if this is best option to protect vehicle instead of the usual, maybe old school, putting on a bra for highway driving.

·
Registered
Cherokee
1,810 Posts
I do love the black Summits. I agree with Jeeps badges on the 14's being overdone. For some reason the in my perspective the Jeep bade on the tailgate looks cartoonish almost with the size it is.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How much did each piece cost you to put on or the whole thing if priced as one complete job ? Do you have any prior experience using this film? I would like to know if this is best option to protect vehicle instead of the usual, maybe old school, putting on a bra for highway driving.
I had it done custom (no template cut to order) from my detailer, the front grill is time consuming with the layout of the chrome. I've had 3M in the past on my Mercedes and Escalade, was never happy with the film as it turned yellow after a year or so - XPEL is superior to 3M and is what you will find on most of the high end cars these days. The one benefit I really like is the film is self-healing meaning if you get a scratch or ding, the film will heal with warm water or sun and you will never know. The cost for what I had done ran me $650.00 which was actually $50.00 cheaper than the dealer autobaun crap.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do love the black Summits. I agree with Jeeps badges on the 14's being overdone. For some reason the in my perspective the Jeep bade on the tailgate looks cartoonish almost with the size it is.
Agree with that just not sure what to do about it other than dip it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had it done custom (no template cut to order) from my detailer, the front grill is time consuming with the layout of the chrome. I've had 3M in the past on my Mercedes and Escalade, was never happy with the film as it turned yellow after a year or so - XPEL is superior to 3M and is what you will find on most of the high end cars these days. The one benefit I really like is the film is self-healing meaning if you get a scratch or ding, the film will heal with warm water or sun and you will never know. The cost for what I had done ran me $650.00 which was actually $50.00 cheaper than the dealer autobaun crap.
Thanks for the info

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts