Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the chrome trim on the side skirts on the ‘14 summit? I’ve searched and can’t find anything. I’m trying to wrap all the chrome black.

·
Registered
8 Posts
bumping an old thread... does anyone know how the chrome on a summit can be wrapped? I would like to get all of the chrome done in black chrome or high gloss black.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumping an old thread... does anyone know how the chrome on a summit can be wrapped? I would like to get all of the chrome done in black chrome or high gloss black.
I've been busy for a little while but actually got around to starting to black mine out today and ill probably be doing a little more tomorrow. The front grille honeycomb and grille rings I purchased black and swapped the chrome out. I'm going to be doin the mirror caps, which are easy to remove, likely tomorrow. I'll also be doing the chrome trim around the lower front bumper, which is easy to remove once the bumper is removed. The rear tail lamp bezel around the reverse light and the rear bumper guard piece both also seem rather easy. From my understanding, the hardest parts to wrap are going to be the chrome trim around the windows as well as the door handles (window glass has to be removed). Its pretty easy to wrap the pieces after you get em off. Go buy yourself some vinyl and a heat gun and just give it a shot. Theres really nothing you can mess up unless you accidentally heat it up too much (pretty hard to do). Still not too sure about the side skirts since I haven't looked into it too much. Although, I am considering actually painting the side skirt chrome black since its so low and Chicagoland winters get pretty rough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts