Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GC Laredo 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife got to try out the 8.4A "Assist" button tonight on our 2014 Laredo with 281 miles. Seems that after making a left turn, the engine was revving and the trans would not shift. The check engine light also came on. She called me and I suggested she turn off the car to reset any glitch, start it and try to drive it again, this time as she took off it shifted from 1st to 5th and stayed in 5th even with the vehicle stopped and in drive. Needless to say, the car was towed to the dealer. Anyone else seen issues with the new 8-speed like this?

·
Registered
2014 GC Laredo 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3.6 V6

-------

2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4 3.6-V6
Options:
Security & convenience group
Power Sunroof
8.4A / UConnect

Reactions: bill_de

·
Registered
2014 GC Laredo 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:
Stopped by the dealer this morning and talked to the General Manager. He put me in a loaner GC. He spoke to the Service Manager, seems the transmission is posting a "first gear ratio error". The dealer is contacting Chrysler Monday morning. He said that if it is an internal transmission issue Chrysler will ship them a new transmission. Now in wait and see. :confused:

·
Registered
2014 GC Laredo 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

The new transmission arrived Friday at the dealer from the factory. I will take re-delivery of my new Jeep on Monday. Hopefully this is the last problem I have with this vehicle. Thanks to my dealer, Brighton Chrysler-Jeep, Chrysler is offering me compensation for accepting the Jeep back with a new transmission. So far, I'm happy, let's just see if this ends the problems.

·
Registered
2014 GC Laredo 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed! I'm very happy with the dealer response. From what I'm reading, I think the 845RE ZF 8-speeds in V6 models are now Chrysler built since February, meaning I would have an early production unit. Does anyone know if this is correct?

·
Registered
2014 GC Laredo 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update:
Picked up my vehicle today with the new transmission! It appears to be working fine. Time will tell, but so far I'm happy. Brighton Chrysler-Jeep did a great job as far my customer experience, they turned a negative event into a positive experience!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.