Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our 2014 Summit for several weeks now and I have a possibly really dumb question but I have been unable to figure it out... How do I turn the radio off? I don't mean mute it; I mean turn it off.

Thanks,

Martin

· Premium Member
345 Posts
You can't. The radio is the heart of the uConnect system and is always on.

---
The NSA can't listen in if you can turn it all off! j/k ?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can't. The radio is the heart of the uConnect system and is always on.

---
That's the silliest thing I have ever heard. Who in their right mind makes a radio you cannot turn off? It's not like they're using a carrier signal on a radio or satellite band that always has to be connected. How hard is it to program an off button?

Martin

· Registered
543 Posts
That's the silliest thing I have ever heard. Who in their right mind makes a radio you cannot turn off? It's not like they're using a carrier signal on a radio or satellite band that always has to be connected. How hard is it to program an off button?

Martin
The mute button shuts down the amplifier but the head unit is always on for Uconnect and other controls.

· Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Dave had a hell of a time shutting off HAL too.

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,478 Posts

· Registered
3,618 Posts
Saw it at the theater shortly after high school graduation day. Back in the "old days" movies were long enough to have intermissions. I remember symbolism discussion during intermission and this movie is all symbolism!

· Premium Member
3,478 Posts
It would probably be a bomb today! Requires too much thought, and not enough sex and car crashes! :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Greeting to all the 2001 Space Odyssey Fans and not:

All I have to say: Lost track on how many times I saw it. :thumbsup:

First time I saw it was back in the late 70's while in high school. Made my dad buy the VHS HIFI version for me when it came out. Now I have it on blu ray. A classic is a classic. Right HAL. :cool:

Best for now. :)

· Premium Member
3,478 Posts
If you want a real treat, read the book! :thumbsup:

Attachments

· Registered
3,618 Posts
Greeting to all the 2001 Space Odyssey Fans and not:

All I have to say: Lost track on how many times I saw it. :thumbsup:

First time I saw it was back in the late 70's while in high school. Made my dad buy the VHS HIFI version for me when it came out. Now I have it on blu ray. A classic is a classic. Right HAL. :cool:

Best for now. :)
Another intellectual. :thumbsup: ;)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.