1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep SRT8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

New to Mopar, Jeep, SRT and the forum!

Did a search on the forum for this and on the net and cant see to find a workaround.

Just bought a used 2014 Jeep SRT yesterday and going through the SUV before purchase the only thing I noticed wrong was the uconnect system had no XM radio option under the radio section. I went through the menu's, clicked on everything and even tried the manufacturers menu (by holding the hot and cold temp buttons) and said nothing about satellite radio. Even did a hard reset with some guidance, no luck...

After making a few calls, it was determined that the vehicle was sent to Puerto Rico originally and the satellite XM radio was "deleted for -$195" according to the build sheet. When the radio boots up sure enough it has SirusXM radio branding on the SRT load screen and it has the shark fin above the back door on the roof as well.

Called Mopar parts, gave them the last 8 of the vin and they said there is nothing that can be done to add satellite radio to the unit. 1 parts department said they have something aftermarket available but couldn't tell me. SirusXM was no help when I called them.

Sorry for the background on the situation just wanted everyone to know my steps so far.

My question is, is there a plug in unit to stick in the rear of the uconnect that will give me my ESIN number (if that's what it's called) or some other work around since it seems the radio is initially set up for it or do I have to actually buy a new uconnect unit from mopar ($1800, um yea right or maybe ebay)

Any help or thought would be a HUGE help. I really don't want the external unit because I have one of the last lifetime subscriptions to SirusXM radio and I want it to be in a truck that I will keep as I can only transfer once and not again after that. I know I can stream it but would really like it in dash with the lifetime sub.

Thank you all for your time

DILLY DILLY!

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,628 Posts
Good morning everyone,

New to Mopar, Jeep, SRT and the forum!

Did a search on the forum for this and on the net and cant see to find a workaround.

Just bought a used 2014 Jeep SRT yesterday and going through the SUV before purchase the only thing I noticed wrong was the uconnect system had no XM radio option under the radio section. I went through the menu's, clicked on everything and even tried the manufacturers menu (by holding the hot and cold temp buttons) and said nothing about satellite radio. Even did a hard reset with some guidance, no luck...

After making a few calls, it was determined that the vehicle was sent to Puerto Rico originally and the satellite XM radio was "deleted for -$195" according to the build sheet. When the radio boots up sure enough it has SirusXM radio branding on the SRT load screen and it has the shark fin above the back door on the roof as well.

Called Mopar parts, gave them the last 8 of the vin and they said there is nothing that can be done to add satellite radio to the unit. 1 parts department said they have something aftermarket available but couldn't tell me. SirusXM was no help when I called them.

Sorry for the background on the situation just wanted everyone to know my steps so far.

My question is, is there a plug in unit to stick in the rear of the uconnect that will give me my ESIN number (if that's what it's called) or some other work around since it seems the radio is initially set up for it or do I have to actually buy a new uconnect unit from mopar ($1800, um yea right or maybe ebay)

Any help or thought would be a HUGE help. I really don't want the external unit because I have one of the last lifetime subscriptions to SirusXM radio and I want it to be in a truck that I will keep as I can only transfer once and not again after that. I know I can stream it but would really like it in dash with the lifetime sub.

Thank you all for your time

DILLY DILLY!
The Mopar folks couldn't tell you if this was a hardware parts removal or just software deletion?

I would doubt that the shark or stubby antenna would be modified for a mere 195.

Have you asked a local dealer and/or Uconnect what it entails to "delete SXM" from the radio, and if it can be put back?

·
Registered
2015 Jeep SRT8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The Mopar folks couldn't tell you if this was a hardware parts removal or just software deletion?

I would doubt that the shark or stubby antenna would be modified for a mere 195.

Have you asked a local dealer and/or Uconnect what it entails to "delete SXM" from the radio, and if it can be put back?
I called Mopar's Uconnect division, and after giving them the last 8 of the VIN, I was told that since the car was delivered to Puerto Rico, the truck "was built without SirusXM due to region restrictions". He said that he couldn't see it being a software delete that was done for $195 but a hardware delete and he was unsure exactly what they would have taken out.

I tried calling Mopar's main number, not the Uconnect division and it keeps hanging up on me so I will try later.

Called the dealership, gave parts department the last 8 and on his system it shows the SirusXM features "Grayed out" so they cant even see what part would be needed to give the Jeep that feature if it could even be done at all which according to Uconnect, "it probably cant be added to the current system"

I even asked the service department and they said "we have never dealt with this issue before" so they were no help as well.

Have said that, what do you think should be a next step?

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts