Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2014 Uconnect RA3 - RA4 / Engineering Menu

56K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  lauramcmullen2998 
#1 ·
On the Driver side press the 2 Buttons together , red temp and the blue temp button press for 5 sec....

and you well see the Engineering Menu :thumbsup:

there you can find some good Features, factory reset and the serialnumber and pn number from the unit, with this the dealer can find in the e.r.e.s the anthitheft code.

you must see very carefull in this menu, dont risk nothing or you loose........

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good find. My RA4 freaked out the other day. Buttons on the center stack and steering wheel stopped working. No volume, climate, etc. Couldn't turn off the screen or go into audio settings.

Noticed that the USB drive wasn't showing up..pulled it out of the socket and the SD card too and the screen went nuts...picked up EVERY button push I'd made while trying to figure it out haha. If it were running Windows, I'd have seen a BSOD in there.

#3 · (Edited)
So, only had my jeep since last Tue. I've been using a USB thumb drive , no issues until today. After starting up the Jeep, I pull out and the last song resumes playing, for like 2 sec then the screen locks up. Tried reseating the thumb drive, but could not detect unless I shut off the engine, locked up the car, then restart. I went as far as removing that album from the thumb drive, but the same track kept trying to play. I tried this RESET option, and it did clear up the issue. But now it comes up with a message that my PHONE 911 needs service. Calling my dealer now.

#4 · (Edited)
So, only had my jeep since last Tue. I've been using a USB thumb drive , no issues until today. After starting up the Jeep, I pull out and the last song resumes playing, for like 2 sec then the screen locks up. Tried reseating the thumb drive, but could not detect unless I shut off the engine, locked up the car, then restart. I went as far as removing that album from the thumb drive, but the same track kept trying to play. I tried this RESET option, and it did clear up the issue. But now it comes up with a message that my PHONE 911 needs service. Calling my dealer now.
Mine put up the attached photo yesterday. I emailed the photo to my dealers service manager who sent it to Chrysler. He said that Chrysler said the vehicle needs to be left with them for a couple hours to run diagnostics.
Wonderful. Think I'll wait a while for others to develop the same problem and see what happens.

Update - Today, everything works fine. Have to see what tomorrow brings.

Attachments

#7 ·
By hub, do you mean the spot where the SD Card, USB, etc. is?
No, underneath the actual center console (or so I'm told). My phone went back to "normal" after the uconnect froze on my way home from the dealer and I had to shut the car off for a minute or so then restart...took everything a minute to reboot and it was fine. I wish there was a way to force a reboot without having to go through all this hubbub.

#8 ·
Since I did the RESET, I only got the message about seeing dealer about 911 service twice. Maybe it just took some time to complete the RESET? I know the first time I re-started the engine after the RESET, I saw SRT come up on the NAV screen. That was cool! Still going to have the dealer take a look Friday. There may be some other things that got RESET.

#9 ·
I told the service tech at the dealer what happened before and after I reset. It's acting normal since the reset, and he said that would clear any history of what the problem was. So he didn't try to do anything because it was basically cleared. So, if it happens again I need to not reset it and then take it in. Then they can run a diagnostic on it, and get the data of the actual problem.

#15 ·
I believe I answered this question on the other thread you posted it on. I think it might be a good idea to post questions to one thread only.

#16 ·
Uconnect had me preform a hard reset. That took out all the apps, and where the 3g button was, it now just says settings. Now i am waiting for monday to take it to the dealer. Hope they can reprogram instead of replace. Originally it was stuck on loading,,,, once i did the reset it lost 911, assist, bing, travel link etc...

#24 ·
Hi everyone, we are aussies and new owners of Diesel Laredo MY2015 JGC in deep cherry and love it to bits.
Not so thrilled that we assumed GPS on the lovely big 8.4.
We see there is a software upgrade available for north american jeeps but cannot get an answer on the question of whether we can do teh same down under. I believe the Here map data is available. Does anyone know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.