Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
wow....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!

Reactions: SRTgeek

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ain't been on here, in a while and I logged on JUST to reply to this... All I can say is...

:eek: WOW

·
Registered
100 Posts
I want, I want, I WANT!

I just blew my monthly "mod budget" on the HPE CAI and Fastman TB. Why do I set these personal restrictions...?!

·
I DRIVE SRT
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG ! That's a tank....how much this thing cost ?
Borla S-Type in the States is cheaper than up here in Canada. I bought mine for $1100 installed.

In the US of A though - shit be cheaper. :thumbsup:

·
I DRIVE SRT
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want, I want, I WANT!

I just blew my monthly "mod budget" on the HPE CAI and Fastman TB. Why do I set these personal restrictions...?!
I spent $1600 on my BFG G-Force KDW's (VERY sticky btw, they love the road), then another $1100 on my Borla and my BT Catch can and under engine add ons (cleaner look) are coming (499 or something) and then the BT True Ram is next.

I figure screw it - work hard, play hard. :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds killer. This is what I'm going to do for exhaust on my 2014 :) I'm in Canada as well (Toronto) but I may look for a deal in the US and have it shipped to buffalo

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8
231 Posts
Is there any projected horsepower gain with the S-type? Or is just for the sound/appearance?
2012 Borla ATAK dyno on 2012 Jeep SRT8 - YouTube

Baseline- 375 hp 361 ft-lbs. (Stock vehicle with no other performance mods)
After axle back install of Borla ATAK
390 hp 393 ft-lbs.
(Waukesha, WI 85 degrees 29.4 in Hg. Humidity 38%)
AWD DynoJet Dyno utilized- Late Model Throttle

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
15hp and 33 lb ft tq? Wow

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does the ATAK then produce more horsepower than the S-type? I'm gathering that it is a more aggressive sound. Also you say "axle back" and I'm assuming that it is the same as cat-back? I'm definitely interested in picking up the S-type rather than the ATAK because I want something a bit more subtle.

It seems that the '14 is a beast with launch control.. Lankness has shown sub 4's which I thought would not be possible stock. I can only imagine what a few basic mods would do. Such an impressive vehicle... only 10 days until mine arrives. Is it wrong to obsess over a vehicle so much? My wife thinks so :)

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8
231 Posts
Axle back is from the rear axle to rear of vehicle. Cat back is from catalytic convertors back to rear of vehicle. Should be about same HP results. Just different tones. ATAK is going to be louder @ wide open throttle(WOT).

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
physically they look the same....so i would guess the difference is in the resonators on each tip.

·
Registered
335 Posts
wow that sounds amazing, i am shocked i thought the S-type wud b a bit quiter than the atak.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts