Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! So stoked to be in a Jeep. I've had multiple Dodge/Chryco products (mostly trucks) but never a Jeep. Just purchased a 2014 Overland 3.6 and love it however there are two nagging issues (bought a warranty to make sure they got fixed).

#1 The turn signal stalk (combination switch, multi-function switch, whatever) has about 1/8->1/4" of play in it. I can physically move the stalk in a maybe 1/2" circle when it's in it's centered position. Have others had this part wear on their WK2's?

#2 When the HVAC switches positions (like when the Jeep is first turned on) you hear the blend doors slap. Almost like there should be some foam on the doors that has fallen off. I've had the actuator issue before, and that is not this sound. This one reminds me of a lighter version of a trash can lid closing. I fear this will mean the dealership taking the entire dash apart and replacing the blower unit. But again just wondered if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks guys!

Registered
WK2 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Sport Utility 3.6
Hi There,
so far so good on my 2014 limited sport, 128k miles.. no play no sound on the actuator. however I had the same slap sound on my 2006 jeep liberty. i never fixed it but realized it was the door flap getting stuck and unstuck when cable was pulled. especially in cold weather. although i think the only problem was the lubricant in the cables, they were so sticky that the flap wouldn't travel properly. try to duck down when you start the car and locate the flap sound, maybe you could do it yourself instead of the stealership ripping the whole thing out.

Registered
2014 JGC Summit
Bumping this. The turn signal stalk on my '14 Summit has been loose for a while and recently stopped returning to center after turning a certain direction. It's really loose now and can move about half an inch in any direction. Really frustrating for a high end Jeep.

Can't seem to find a tutorial to replace it. I've replaced the turn signal/wiper stalk on a WJ before, but this steering column with multiple buttons and switches seems more difficult.

Registered
Bumping this. The turn signal stalk on my '14 Summit has been loose for a while and recently stopped returning to center after turning a certain direction. It's really loose now and can move about half an inch in any direction. Really frustrating for a high end Jeep.

Can't seem to find a tutorial to replace it. I've replaced the turn signal/wiper stalk on a WJ before, but this steering column with multiple buttons and switches seems more difficult.
Oh, it's even easier, just more expensive: everything behind the steering wheel is one part.

If you've got a library card, your library probably offers access to the Chilton and/or Mitchell service databases.

You can also buy temporary access to the Mopar service manual at Tech Authority if you prefer the most up-to-date factory service manual, but there's not a whole lot to change in "point wheels forward, remove steering wheel, remove steering controls module, reverse." (I doubt it's changed since the version Chilton and Mitchell have.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts