Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,782 Posts
So after 3 trips and replacing sensors, wires and modules they have no idea how to fix the service 4wd, ABS and traction lights staying on they said. Said they have to get some expert. hmm glad I have Maxcare and the rentals this is going into 2 weeks. I think rental cars alone have paid for my maxcare over the last 5 years with this vehicle

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,782 Posts
Well all lights back on tonight and back to the clowns for the 4th time on this tomorrow. I bet it is the T case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just an update here, the clutch in my case was shot. I opened the old one up up after taking it to an independent and getting it replaced with a used one from another overland with 60K miles. The inside of mine looked immaculate, but you could smell the clutch burn. I got the transfer case for $500 on eBay with a 6 month parts warranty and paid $550 in labor and fluids. I still think failure at 105,000 is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,258 Posts
Just a thought to prevent future failure, it might be a good idea to check to see if the module isn't demanding full clutch lock up 100% of the time and burning up the clutch. Under normal circumstances a burnt clutch shouldn't happen. Also make sure you're doing fluid changes with ATF+4 every 30-40k miles. The transfer case doesn't seem to like to go much further than that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts