Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JGC Altitude
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is - I've always had sports cars (M3, WRX, A4) and this is my first SUV, and I love it.

I am kinda of annoyed that you cant just switch out the lights for LED - and I've searched and searched and havent found a clear answer to the best way of doing this....but I will keep searching because I'd like to do that asap

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,278 Posts
Nice ride! Just go HID's for the low beams (6k)

I went LED's on the fogs. Bright whites

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am in the process of switching my halogens over to OEM HID right now. I am working with Ziras (forum member here) for the harness and he has been extremely helpful. Swapping out the halogen bulbs to LED/HID is most certainly a cheaper option, but imo doesn't look nearly as good or perform as well as the stock HID setup.

If funds aren't an issue, thats the way to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 JGC Altitude
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in the process of switching my halogens over to OEM HID right now. I am working with Ziras (forum member here) for the harness and he has been extremely helpful. Swapping out the halogen bulbs to LED/HID is most certainly a cheaper option, but imo doesn't look nearly as good or perform as well as the stock HID setup.

If funds aren't an issue, thats the way to go :thumbsup:
Funds are an issue at this time as I am a newer business owner - so looking for a temp upgrade. Can I just buy LED bulbs for the headlights and fogs and have no issues? as stated, there is no cut and dry answer for this anywhere

·
Registered
770 Posts
Funds are an issue at this time as I am a newer business owner - so looking for a temp upgrade. Can I just buy LED bulbs for the headlights and fogs and have no issues? as stated, there is no cut and dry answer for this anywhere
This is what I run on my Jeep. Direct plug and play just have to cut a hole in the dust caps which is extremely easy with a step bit from harbor freight (https://www.harborfreight.com/titanium-coated-high-speed-steel-step-bit-set-2-pc-69088.html)

35w H11 DDM Plus Canbus Kit for headlights and fogs:
DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

LED headlights plug and play:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2016-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-LED-Strip-Black-Housing-Projector-Headlights-1Pair/131614995233?fits=Model%3AGrand+Cherokee&epid=1640574206&hash=item1ea4dd7321:g:5EcAAOSwFnFV81Y5&vxp=mtr

no splicing modifications needed, no headaches for 2.5 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts