Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Does anyone know if the Active Noise Control system will be able to be turned off? I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when mine arrives, but it would be nice if the driver can disable it to still hear the engine & exhaust if they so desire. :D

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
Does anyone know if the Active Noise Control system will be able to be turned off? I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when mine arrives, but it would be nice if the driver can disable it to still hear the engine & exhaust if they so desire. :D
I don't believe that it can be turned off, I will see if I can get more info.

Here are some details of system operation:

• The Active Noise Control (ANC) module performs the creation of signals appropriate to cancel engine order related
vehicle noises from the engine. It creates these signals in proportion to the Engine RPM plus any other needed input.

• The ANC module obtains the engine RPM from the vehicle Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

• The signals that the ANC module creates includes at least four simultaneous signals equivalent to sine wave
frequencies in designated ratios tracking the engine RPM, to cancel engine order related noises, plus other optional
signals that can enhance the cancellation effect.

• To maintain the effectiveness of the noise cancellation over the full range of vehicle operating conditions and
seating locations, the ANC module has four outputs and process signals from four microphone assemblies located in
the headliner.

• The ANC module supports mixing the four ANC signals into any output channel at a point after all of the signal
processing required

• The ANC module operates on vehicle battery power and has its state of operation controlled by CAN-B bus
messages.

• In addition to performing active noise cancellation, the ANC module supplies power to the loudspeakers.

--Milous

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I don't believe that it can be turned off, I will see if I can get more info.

Here are some details of system operation:

/snip

--Milous
Thanks for the info...most detailed explanation I have seen to date!

However, WOW, that sounds terrible for the SRT...why would anyone want to cancel out engine noise on the SRT? I'm starting to re-think my decision of ordering a 2015 and not just getting a 2014 off the lot. Hopefully it is a very ineffective system...sounds like it could be the equivalent of driving around with Bose noise cancelling headphones on. I could see the validity of the system in a luxury vehicle, but the SRT??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
However, WOW, that sounds terrible for the SRT...why would anyone want to cancel out engine noise on the SRT? I'm starting to re-think my decision of ordering a 2015 and not just getting a 2014 off the lot. Hopefully it is a very ineffective system...sounds like it could be the equivalent of driving around with Bose noise cancelling headphones on. I could see the validity of the system in a luxury vehicle, but the SRT??? :confused:
It only works while in MDS mode...

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - Active Noise Cancellation

·
Premium Member
2018 Durango SRT
198 Posts
Thank you Milous. I saw the details. Just looking for images of what red pvd is and when can I order? What is a premium headliner and why doesn't the SRT have power folding mirrors but Summit does? I'd like suede headliner as I have in my summit.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Premium headliner is the suede headliner like the 2014 SRTs had with Laguna leather only (and same as the Summit). Now it looks like they will offer the suede headliner with the Red Vapor Package as well. The power folding mirror availability on the SRT is an ongoing debate. For some reason Jeep won't put in on domestic SRTs. I have added them after the fact but it is an expensive rework. I would assume the Red Vapor package will be late availability and that is why your dealer can't yet see it in the system.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Actually, I hope this works well. it may help minimize any drone that may occur when the MDS kicks in w/ an aftermarket exhaust set-up. I wasn't going to add a Borla b/c of the potential drone some people have experienced, but I may go ahead and see if the noise cancellation helps.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Premium headliner is the suede headliner like the 2014 SRTs had with Laguna leather only (and same as the Summit). Now it looks like they will offer the suede headliner with the Red Vapor Package as well. The power folding mirror availability on the SRT is an ongoing debate. For some reason Jeep won't put in on domestic SRTs. I have added them after the fact but it is an expensive rework. I would assume the Red Vapor package will be late availability and that is why your dealer can't yet see it in the system.
There was a guy who was able to order the suede headline with a 2014.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f167/finally-back-in-a-srt-75913.html#post1033834
Thanks, you will not be disappointed with your decision. The trick to getting the suede without ordering laguna is to order the pano roof. If the roof option is $2095 and has "premium headliner module" listed below it you are set. I think for 2015 the black Laguna leather is actually available. They made the change with the pano roof sometime this spring. Mine is a May 14 build.

·
Premium Member
2018 Durango SRT
198 Posts
Well poop, now I know why the pano roof package went up in price mid year. Of course mine was built in October so no fancy headliner for me. Man, I would love to have it but I don't think I will be giving that retrofit a chance (shocking, I know since I already did the power folding mirror retrofit). Guess I will give my parts buddy a call to see how much an alcantara headliner sets a guy back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Will they be making a hellcat jeep SRT in the future? I know dodge has gone there separate ways with the SRT brand but is it possible they would able to set up something with jeep as its unique sports brand. Also does that mean if they don't consider the jeep a SRT in the future that our cars become more valuable. Thanks

·
Hellephant since 2016
Helephant
410 Posts
Will they be making a hellcat jeep SRT in the future? I know dodge has gone there separate ways with the SRT brand but is it possible they would able to set up something with jeep as its unique sports brand. Also does that mean if they don't consider the jeep a SRT in the future that our cars become more valuable. Thanks

I heard from my dealer that a hellcat will be released soon.

iirc, Ralph said it just won't fit with the piping and such in the current gen WK2. Good news is we probably only have another 2-3 years before the next gen.

·
Premium Member
2018 Durango SRT
198 Posts
Well poop, now I know why the pano roof package went up in price mid year. Of course mine was built in October so no fancy headliner for me. Man, I would love to have it but I don't think I will be giving that retrofit a chance (shocking, I know since I already did the power folding mirror retrofit). Guess I will give my parts buddy a call to see how much an alcantara headliner sets a guy back.
I just had my parts guy quote me the prices for the standard versus premium headliner and I can now confirm I won't be doing this upgrade.

Standard headliner is $1033 and standard a-pillar covers are $28.25 each.

Suede headliner is $2063 and suede a-pillar covers are $228 each.

Yikes. Guess I need to wait for someone to total theirs so I can pillage off of eBay.

21 - 40 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.