Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Saw the '15 update Red Vapour on YouTube. I like the backlit SRT on the steering wheel but most of the other changes are mods you can do yourself if you're up to it. No CLS mod though :)

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Haha they still didn't get the headlight ribbons right!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Saw the '15 update Red Vapour on YouTube. I like the backlit SRT on the steering wheel but most of the other changes are mods you can do yourself if you're up to it. No CLS mod though :)

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Still begs the question... when is this mysterious "late availability"? Also, why in the world did they leave the chrome around the windows if they eliminated it everywhere else? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Will the black ring inserts in the grill be available to replace my chrome rings as an OEM option?

#ihatehashtags
But of course

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thanks hank for explaining. My ID nor the site was hacked. He had a username similar to mine but with the letter O instead of the number 0. The email u got was because you were subscribed to the thread and it was a new POST to that thread. I deleted the posts (the ass hole posted it on several threads) and had no idea it was sent in a subscribed email to all of u. I also had no idea it was in this thread or I would've explained. Sorry

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the info...most detailed explanation I have seen to date!

However, WOW, that sounds terrible for the SRT...why would anyone want to cancel out engine noise on the SRT? I'm starting to re-think my decision of ordering a 2015 and not just getting a 2014 off the lot. Hopefully it is a very ineffective system...sounds like it could be the equivalent of driving around with Bose noise cancelling headphones on. I could see the validity of the system in a luxury vehicle, but the SRT??? :confused:
I don't believe that it can be turned off, I will see if I can get more info.

Here are some details of system operation:

• The Active Noise Control (ANC) module performs the creation of signals appropriate to cancel engine order related
vehicle noises from the engine. It creates these signals in proportion to the Engine RPM plus any other needed input.

• The ANC module obtains the engine RPM from the vehicle Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

• The signals that the ANC module creates includes at least four simultaneous signals equivalent to sine wave
frequencies in designated ratios tracking the engine RPM, to cancel engine order related noises, plus other optional
signals that can enhance the cancellation effect.

• To maintain the effectiveness of the noise cancellation over the full range of vehicle operating conditions and
seating locations, the ANC module has four outputs and process signals from four microphone assemblies located in
the headliner.

• The ANC module supports mixing the four ANC signals into any output channel at a point after all of the signal
processing required

• The ANC module operates on vehicle battery power and has its state of operation controlled by CAN-B bus
messages.

• In addition to performing active noise cancellation, the ANC module supplies power to the loudspeakers.

--Milous

Started quoting but then someone beat me to it. Yes it is only when it is running on less than all cylinders. Honda has been using this since 2008 on their V6 models for when they run on less than 6 cylinders. I don't have a SRT yet so cant comment on the noise while in MDS mode on the 14's.

Has anyone gotten their 15's yet? I see that there are some on the ground within 100 miles of me but only 14's local.

And yes this is my first post here, so far this seems like a great site! It is just too hidden. The easier to find site seems determined to prevent people from finding other forums... which is very strange and something I am not used to.

·
Premium Member
SRT
500 Posts
The red accents are in the leather seats. The area that is usually black suede is now red suede with same black leather side bolsters. It would be cool if it was a dark blood red or maroon like they have on the Hellcat Challenger.

It would also be nice if they replaced the carbon fibre with black brushed aluminum and put dark red aluminum around the speaker grills.

I'm trying to find the website with the red seat accents but it seems like every website is showing the same friggin pictures with the black seats. Weird.

·
Premium Member
2018 Durango SRT
198 Posts
Running footage of a Red Vapor SRT is now available on Chrysler's media website at the following location. Some video of the blackout exterior treatment and the Red Vapor interior at the end of the video including the backlit SRT airbag logo and the red accent stitching all around.

http://media.chrysler.com/mediacenter.do?method=viewVideo&videoGalleryTOList=19d4e1ed12030

There is also a host of pictures in the same location.

http://media.chrysler.com/image-gallery.do?method=view&imageGalleryId=664&mid=50

ALL the front end chrome is blacked out. Thought it would just be the grill and the badges. Looks sharp.

SRT centercaps on the wheels as well, but they are still chrome....what gives?

They also mention some extra attention to the rear taillights with the addition of a black ring to make them appear to "float." Can't tell if that is new for 2015 and it's hard to tell from the pictures.

Reactions: Cbragg

·
Premium Member
2018 Durango SRT
198 Posts
Here are some screen grabs from the video.

·
Registered
Mercedes C55 AMG
70 Posts
Not sure how I feel about the red suede. Seems a bit much and not sure how it'll hold up in the long run but maybe it's cool in person.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
Mercedes C55 AMG
70 Posts
shoot who ever thought the iPhone 6 would debut before the 2015 Jeep SRT!?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Ive been contemplating dyeing my stitching red. Did it on my wifes 11 Durango years ago and it looked good

61 - 80 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.