Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Durango SRT
198 Posts
Heya,

Just a quick question about features of an SRT.

I'm tying to understand what exactly "GCBS Front Door Tinted Glass" means. This is from the build sheet of the SRT I put a deposit down for. Does this mean the front windows of the driver/passenger doors are already tinted as dark as the rear three quarter windows?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
I can confirm that the front windows WILL NOT be tinted as dark as the rear from the factory as that is a law in most states. I just looked at my front windows and they are marked as "Min 70% Transp" which is mimimum 70% transparency. The rear windows do not have a transparency marking and are tinted darker than the front two and the windshield. Unfortunately I can't decipher the build code but factory build codes are rarely abbreviations.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee SRT
69 Posts
I can confirm that the front windows WILL NOT be tinted as dark as the rear from the factory as that is a law in most states. I just looked at my front windows and they are marked as "Min 70% Transp" which is mimimum 70% transparency. The rear windows do not have a transparency marking and are tinted darker than the front two and the windshield. Unfortunately I can't decipher the build code but factory build codes are rarely abbreviations.

Cool thanks for that :) I was just checking out of hope. Most photos completely confirm what you were saying.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys

First post - sorry if this has been covered (I've done a search but found donuts). Does anyone have any info on what build date onwards would constitute an MY2015 SRT? I've just purchased an SRT with a build date stamp of 22 September 2014 (i don't take delivery for a few weeks). I've been told it's an MY2014 but based on the dates posted at the beginning of this thread, that seems off. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,287 Posts
Hey Guys

First post - sorry if this has been covered (I've done a search but found donuts). Does anyone have any info on what build date onwards would constitute an MY2015 SRT? I've just purchased an SRT with a build date stamp of 22 September 2014 (i don't take delivery for a few weeks). I've been told it's an MY2014 but based on the dates posted at the beginning of this thread, that seems off. Any ideas?
If it was built in Sept. 2014 it would have to be a 2015 model. The 10th digit of the VIN would be an "F".

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.