Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JGC Summit
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I would really like to replace the grille inserts on my 2015 JGC Summit. I have been looking everywhere for information and can't seem to find much for my model. I believe I might just be missing a secret screw or rivet underneath the trim above the wheel well? I think it's glued on so I would need to apply some more when I reassemble it. Also figured out that I would need to cut some of the rivets in order to remove the wheel well cover. If anyone could assist that would be awesome. Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
233 Posts
Hello everyone,
I would really like to replace the grille inserts on my 2015 JGC Summit. I have been looking everywhere for information and can't seem to find much for my model. I believe I might just be missing a secret screw or rivet underneath the trim above the wheel well? I think it's glued on so I would need to apply some more when I reassemble it. Also figured out that I would need to cut some of the rivets in order to remove the wheel well cover. If anyone could assist that would be awesome. Thank you for your time!
I have a 2015 Altitude and everything should be the same. Inside the wheel wells you will have a 10mm bolt you need to remove that and also the two plastic rivets on each side. Then you will be able to pull back the small fender flare which is snapped in. Also on the top with the hood open there is roughly 4 plastic pull pins you need to remove and I believe two bolts also cant remember if I did pull them or didn't need to. But on the ground on your back look up at the bottom of the bumper for 5 1/4 turn large fastners and remove them also. Then start on either side wheel and firmly grab the bumper from where you removed the rivets and bolts and you have to pull straight out. You will hear a lot of noise and things sounding like they are breaking but its the only way to remove the bumper. once you do that on both sides I would sneak your hand into the bumper and disconnect the fog light harness. Then back up on top in the center where the hood would latch you have to grab there and pull up on that. There are I think 4 metal pinch tabs(cant remember the exact name). Once you do that everything should be free and you will have to just maneuver the bumper off. Put a moving blanket or a towel down so you don't scratch anything. Also there is a few videos on youtube describing this exact removal.

·
Registered
2015 JGC Summit
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the steps that you described above are the same. I can see that the fender above my wheel wells are glued on and there are hidden clips beneath them that need to be removed before I snap the bumper off. If I take them off I will need to buy glue or some type of adhesive to put them back on. Does anyone have any product recommendations?

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
233 Posts
Most of the steps that you described above are the same. I can see that the fender above my wheel wells are glued on and there are hidden clips beneath them that need to be removed before I snap the bumper off. If I take them off I will need to buy glue or some type of adhesive to put them back on. Does anyone have any product recommendations?
Are you talking about the fender flare molding? if so yes there are 1 or 2 plastic clips behind them however there is also tabs built onto the flare that simply snap in and out when you pull on it.

·
Registered
2015 JGC Summit
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I do not need to take off the flare molding? I should just be able to pull on the bumper to get it off?

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
233 Posts
So I do not need to take off the flare molding? I should just be able to pull on the bumper to get it off?
For mine I only pulled off half of the flare towards the front of the vehicle and it was able to just hang there while I removed the bumper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@JROSS024 is your JSC a Summit??? The Summits have a completely different Fender flare molding... It does not just snap on and off like the other models... The Summit Fender Flares appear to be held in place with strong double sided tape...

@tpisto - You do NOT need to remove the Fender flares on the Summit to take off the front bumper... I started to "Peel" my Fender flares off then I stopped and reviewed my options... The Summits are a pain to modify due to the trim level... Most after market products don't take the Summit Trim levels into account. So us Summit owners have a little be more of a difficult time when it comes to certain types of upgrades...

·
Registered
25 Posts
@JROSS024 is your JSC a Summit??? The Summits have a completely different Fender flare molding... It does not just snap on and off like the other models... The Summit Fender Flares appear to be held in place with strong double sided tape...

@tpisto - You do NOT need to remove the Fender flares on the Summit to take off the front bumper... I started to "Peel" my Fender flares off then I stopped and reviewed my options... The Summits are a pain to modify due to the trim level... Most after market products don't take the Summit Trim levels into account. So us Summit owners have a little be more of a difficult time when it comes to certain types of upgrades...
sorry to drag this up. I’m looking to remove the bumper off my summit. Are you saying the flare simply stays where it is when you start pulling on the bumper to get it off. I’ve watched the videos but they’re all lower trim models

·
Registered
cattle
1,262 Posts
sorry to drag this up. I’m looking to remove the bumper off my summit. Are you saying the flare simply stays where it is when you start pulling on the bumper to get it off. I’ve watched the videos but they’re all lower trim models
Take a close look at the flare molding that's on the front bumper and you'll see it's not "on" the front bumper but is literally part of it. Compare that the the flare thats on the fender which is an actual separate piece held on with double sided tape. THere are some differences in taking the front off a Summit compared to the other trims but I don't recall the details at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have removed the front bumper a couple of times on my 2015 Summit...
You need to take out a small plastic piece that holds the front part of the inner fender rivets and the screw above those rivets. If you loosen the rivets and screw you can reach inside and twist out that plastic piece that also is snapped in at the top. It’s a bit difficult so be patient :)
After that its yust to remove the rest of the fasteners at the top and bottom of the bumper and pull it out the same way as on the ”non summits”
You don’t need to touch the fender flares..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have removed the front bumper a couple of times on my 2015 Summit...
You need to take out a small plastic piece that holds the front part of the inner fender rivets and the screw above those rivets. If you loosen the rivets and screw you can reach inside and twist out that plastic piece that also is snapped in at the top. It’s a bit difficult so be patient :)
After that its yust to remove the rest of the fasteners at the top and bottom of the bumper and pull it out the same way as on the ”non summits”
You don’t need to touch the fender flares..
Thankyou for this. Why does the summit have this extra step? What is it kind of holding that the “non summit” don’t need

·
Registered
cattle
1,262 Posts
Thankyou for this. Why does the summit have this extra step? What is it kind of holding that the “non summit” don’t need
I can't tell you specifically but the Non-SUmmit front fascia has an easily removable lower part that you can remove to go off-roading. On the summit there is no removable lower part.. essentially the entire front fascia is different because of this. Presumably the extra step is simply a result of the different design having slightly differently ways of attaching the fascia to the hardpoint on the underlying structure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I too am trying to figure out how to unsnap the facia from the front fender.

I know the plastic piece you are talking about. So the upper flare doesnt need to be pulled out to disconnect it from the plastic piece? I have removed the 10mm bolt, two push pin rivets and even the lower metal clip holding that piece at the bottom. The piece is loose but I cant easily remove it. Is it a twisting motion? Like twist so that plastic I-beam type piece comes out of the two white tabs which are tabs on the upper fender trim?
05950717-88A7-483A-8DF3-F471616BEDC3.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took mine to the dealer and they didn't know how to remove the bumper clips on my Summit. So I went to a bump shop-same result. Result--I have only one horn that works.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
1 Posts
I’m having some issues detaching my summit bumper. I’ve got all of the usual rivets and two bolts out, but I am having trouble with the tricky summit-exclusive attachment of the bumper to the wheel well trim pieces. I know one member earlier in this thread said that part was difficult but I just can’t even see any screw or anything to remove. Anyone have any tips for that part?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts