Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Jeep, preowned with 6500 miles on it from a local Ford dealership. So here's my story.. I was driving to Florida from TN for a short vacation. I was 30-40 miles from my destination and started to hear a click, then a knock, then the low oil pressure light and then a banging - I coasted into a fast food restaurant. This all happened within about 2 minutes. I called Jeep roadside assist. Long story short, I hung up and called the tow myself. Unloaded all of my luggage and uber'd on to my destination. I received a voicemail from the dealership the next day telling me that a new engine was on the way, under warranty, no questions asked. I do have to be honest that the customer service reps that i've spoken with at FCA have been very kind and as helpful as they can to their abilities and power. That being said, I now have some expenses. The tow, uber, car rental all are up to $1000 already. And now i have to drive the rental back down to Florida to pick up the "new" Jeep, which would require a overnight stay, hotel expense and a day's worth of vacation at work. I asked the customer service today to ship the Jeep up to TN when it was fixed. They're telling me that is a possibility but no commitment yet. They say that they will only reimburse me for one thing though. Either they'll pay to ship the Jeep to TN or they'll pay for the rental. No tow, no uber, no other expenses. I expressed my deep concern for the depreciated value of the vehicle once the replacement is done. Everyone I talk to, including friends in the business, said they'd all steer clear of buying a Jeep with a replacement engine. I know i'd sure ask questions when i see that carfax..? I was looking to rid myself of the vehicle just weeks ago. I am changing positions in my job and will no longer be receiving a car allowance, so i was going to trade down to save $$. But now I'm afraid i'll have to be buried in this $58,000 vehicle which i've only had for 16 months because the sale/trade value will have completely diminished. I've heard that you have to know somebody way up high to get a buyback and that i shouldn't expect anything like that to happen. This has been an exhausting experience already. I'm just wondering, how screwed am i..?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts