Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered a 2016 Willys Unlimited in silver, hardtop, auto on Friday 7/24. Dealer hopes to have some initial information on my order/build any day now. It is going to be painful waiting but will try to find out all I can and share on the forum.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey guys, I need a little help. I am looking at ordering a 16MY, but a local dealership just recently got in a 15MY in the exact setup I want. What price do you think I could get this for?

New Specials | St Louis Jeep Chrysler Dodge RAM Dealership
MSRP:
$34,970

FWP (Invoice):
$33,715

Edmunds.com True Market Value (TMV):
$33,160

Below Invoice:
$33,378 (1%)
$33,041 (2%)
$32,704 (3%)
$32,366 (4%)
$32,029 (5%)

Considerations:
1. It's end of the 2015MY, which, in a perfect world, should provide the dealer extra incentive to give you a good deal to get it off the lot.
2. How much do you want to negotiate? You could offer the Edmunds.com TMV, which is just shy of 2% below FWP, and they should take that deal.
3. Looks like they have 19 Unlimiteds still on the lot. Depending on the size of the dealership, that could be considered a large number of 2015MY yet to move before the 2016's start filling the lot.
4. 2016MY has been delayed somewhat this year, so there's no telling how soon the dealer might get his new stock. He might be patient.
5. You could join Tread Lightly! (www.treadlightly.org), and you should be guaranteed 1% below invoice (you might have to explain the program to the dealer, that it's a genuine Chrysler Affiliate Program discount). You have to wait 30 days from join date to use the Tread Lightly! discount.
6. Plenty of people have reported getting deals as good as (or even better than!) 5% below Invoice, but they might just be lucky. Also, the size of the savings seems to be proportional to the sticker price: higher sticker = higher % off.
7. If you have no qualms about waiting for a 2016MY, then I wouldn't be timid with your offer.
8. If you plan on trying to deal with the same dealership for your 2016MY -- if you decide to make a low offer on the 2015 and it gets rejected, they might hold it against you for future dealings.
9. You will save money if you choose the 2015.
10. Starting with 2016MY, the Chrysler Powertrain Warranty reduces from 5-yr/100,000 miles to 5-yr/60,000 miles.
11. Base MSRP has gone up $200 already from 15 to 16.
12. It's the end of the month, they might go lower for volume bonuses.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Missed another barge. Now looks like another 2 weeks before arrival.

Basically Jeep chat says there are not enough vehicles to make a 14 mile drive worthwhile.

Pretty bummed. Sold my car faster than expected. It's shame. If it doesn't make next Wednesday. I'm probably going to have to tell the dealer forget it. He tried. But I need a car at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my 16 JK RHR Tank on 7/30,

5 sp Auto
4.10 Axel
Black 3-piece Hard Top
Remote Start
Sup Frt Side Air Bags

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was a year ago this week that I placed my order for my '15 JK. Where did the time go! Now we're talking about '16's already ordered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2015 JK Order Waiting Room!

Barge arrived today! My dealer didn't have any staff available to pickup the JKU so I gave him a ride. After dropping him off I went and created a cashiers check and he did the dealer prep and topped off the tank. Picked up the jeep at 5:10pm. 1 day short of 2 months. Drove it home to my wife and seeing the grin on her face was worth it. Spent 10 minutes installing the running boards and then we went back to grab my JK also. I love watching her behind as she drives. It's now his n hers.

Raining sideways the whole time so no pics yet. As soon as it clears I'll post a pic of both wranglers. It's a rain forest, so to be expected. It's amazing how much the process can consume your attention until delivery. Then all is calm and right with the world.

The sound and leather is worth it, especially on the Sport S. It really makes it feel higher end.

Good luck to the last MY15's still waiting. Enjoy your new rides and stay safe!

Again, Thanks Milous for all the updates! Well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

·
Registered
809 Posts
Barge arrived today! My dealer didn't have any staff available to pickup the JKU so I gave him a ride. After dropping him off I went and created a cashiers check and he did the dealer prep and topped off the tank. Picked up the jeep at 5:10pm. 1 day short of 2 months. Drove it home to my wife and seeing the grin on her face was worth it. Spent 10 minutes installing the running boards and then we went back to grab my JK also. I love watching her behind as she drives. It's now his n hers.

Raining sideways the whole time so no pics yet. As soon as it clears I'll post a pic of both wranglers. It's a rain forest, so to be expected. It's amazing how much the process can consume your attention until delivery. Then all is calm and right with the world.

The sound and leather is worth it, especially on the Sport S. It really makes it feel higher end.

Good luck to the last MY15's still waiting. Enjoy your new rides and stay safe!

Again, Thanks Milous for all the updates! Well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Congrats dude... looking forward to those pics! ;)

·
Registered
2016 Rubicon 2DR
24 Posts
2015 JK Order Waiting Room!

Ordered a Firecracker Red Rubicon 2DR HT, 4.10, Convenience Group & the big Alpine system w/430 radio/nav. Nothing else- roll-up windows, etc. Est delivery 3rd week of Sep. Trying to get dealer (AEV dealer as well) to have a 2.5" XT suspension standing by.

Anyone know if Firecracker Red is just a rename of previous red or will it be different?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just ordered a 2016 JKUR .. Still haven't recieved a vin and am extremely impatient. Had my 2011 written off 3 weeks ago and am going through some serious withdrawals it's a good thing my husband lets me drive his Tj ... I hate the wait!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered a Firecracker Red Rubicon 2DR HT, 4.10, Convenience Group & the big Alpine system w/430 radio/nav. Nothing else- roll-up windows, etc. Est delivery 3rd week of Sep. Trying to get dealer (AEV dealer as well) to have a 2.5" XT suspension standing by.

Anyone know if Firecracker Red is just a rename of previous red or will it be different?
I am told it is just the same (If it was different would they not change the name?) as the 2015, it`s obvious it is the same because I see the 2015 all over my area...sorry I did not like it, was disappointed I could not have a dark rich red, so because of that I got black, personally was unhappy with the color choices they gave me.

I probably should not say that, but there are tons of people driving Fire Cracker Red Jeeps, they love them so I am the minority I guess, to me they are just to orange and even a little pinkinsh in the wrong light

I saw a couple what I call Burgundy, that look to be only 2 years old max, I would have liked that:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post, been lingering in the 2016 info thread for months.

Thinking about buying a 15 JKUR off the lot or just ordering a 16 exactly how I'd like. Can anyone here speak to roughly how long an order takes? I know 16s aren't rolling off the line yet, but any experiences with a 15 would give me an idea.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006 GTO
190 Posts
First post, been lingering in the 2016 info thread for months.

Thinking about buying a 15 JKUR off the lot or just ordering a 16 exactly how I'd like. Can anyone here speak to roughly how long an order takes? I know 16s aren't rolling off the line yet, but any experiences with a 15 would give me an idea.

Thanks.
My friend here in CO got a late 2014 Unlimited Rubicon and he told me 2-3 weeks for shipping were the longest part for his order. My 2016 order was built today and the shipping to CO is supposed to be about 10 days, so they either got better at shipping logistics or there's just not a bunch already waiting to be shipped possibly? This all adds up to probably 2 months wait if you order. I've heard of a bit shorter, but back in '14 when they had issues with parts availability on the 10A/Rubicon X bumper, I'd heard of people waiting much longer on those orders. I think they have worked out the supply issues on the Hard Rock bumpers since I don't recall horror stories on any of the 2015s.

1141 - 1160 of 1176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.