Registered
Rhino | Auto | 3.73
4 Posts
2016 JKU Sport - Rhino | Auto | 3.73 | Hardtop | Connectivity

Order Date: 7/6
Received VON and VIN on 7/12
Status D1 at least since 7/16
Estimated Ship Date: 8/1
Emailed Jeep today and they told me it is scheduled to start production on 8/1...
Just PM'd Milous in hopes of getting some more regular updates as things progress here.

Cant Wait...

Ran out of things to order already!

Goodies currently sitting in my basement (and would be collecting dust if I didn't go down there every night and play with everything):

AEV Dual Sport 2.5" Suspension Lift
285/75R16 Duratracs already mounted on 16x8 Deegan 38 Pro 2 Matte Black
Off Road Heros Fast Back Top (Fantastic response time from Tim, remarkable quality)
Bestop Full Soft Doors
Smittybilt Rockrails
AEV Procal
Mirror Relo brackets
Stubby Antenna
iPhone Mount

·
Registered
88 Posts
2016 JKU Sport - Rhino | Auto | 3.73 | Hardtop | Connectivity

Order Date: 7/6
Received VON and VIN on 7/12
Status D1 at least since 7/16
Estimated Ship Date: 8/1
Emailed Jeep today and they told me it is scheduled to start production on 8/1...
Just PM'd Milous in hopes of getting some more regular updates as things progress here.

Cant Wait...

Ran out of things to order already!

Goodies currently sitting in my basement (and would be collecting dust if I didn't go down there every night and play with everything):

AEV Dual Sport 2.5" Suspension Lift
285/75R16 Duratracs already mounted on 16x8 Deegan 38 Pro 2 Matte Black
Off Road Heros Fast Back Top (Fantastic response time from Tim, remarkable quality)
Bestop Full Soft Doors
Smittybilt Rockrails
AEV Procal
Mirror Relo brackets
Stubby Antenna
iPhone Mount
Congrats, i see a man who is ready for that Jeep to come already.

Which antenna and iphone mount you go with?

·
Registered
Rhino | Auto | 3.73
4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
When did you order? I put my order in on 7/20 and the dealer told me it would be a 2016. No big deal either way just wondering. Also is there any difference is the 2017 as far as what you ordered?
I ordered on 7/20 as well, and was told at the time it would be a 2016. Being a 2017 is a nice surprise! There are no differences in the vehicles as far as my dealer knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine on 7/20, got a VON, and then had to bug my dealer for the next week to find out what was going on... apparently, they shut off orders for 2016 the moment that mine went through, so it went into a black hole. I'm now waiting for the order banks to open so I can put in an order for a 2017. VERY frustrating - I was hoping to have a few weeks to drive to work topless before the snow flies... Oh well, there's always next summer, I suppose...

·
Registered
12 Posts
i called the 800 number to check status of my Jeep Wrangler and I got a really nice lady who said, I GOT A VIN # Woop Woop. I ordered mine on 7/13 and went into D1 status on 7/26.

So maybe the next few weeks we will have progress!
:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just placed my order for my first Jeep. A JKU Rubicon in granit crystal metallic. Ordered on 7/20 and I can not wait!

I saw somewhere about tracking the progress of the build. Where is that?
Hi, I was just reading thru the thread... did you figure out the tracking on here. I am on the tracking list and I did not see your name.

Let me know and I'll give you the info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you track your vehicle? I signed up and paid the $24.98 but I can not figure out how to do the teacking
I did not see you on the tracking list. So, I'm assuming you haven't figured it out yet.

You private message Milous with your info. VON/VIN and he will put you on the list. separate website that updates several times a day on status of build.

:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i am now level 4 supporter! Could someone enlighten me on access to Milous? Thanks so much!
LOL, seen several post wondering how to do it. You have to at least post 2 comments in the forum and then you private message milous with your VON/VIN. He will send you and email with a link to new website that gives you a daily status.

Hope that helps!

I didn't see you on the list either, so figures you need info as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just found the below information on the Detroit News published June 7, 2016. This could account for the hold up in production for those of us that ordered mid July and remain in D1 status.

"The three FCA plants that will shorten their downtime to one week are: Belvidere Assembly, which makes the Dodge Dart, Jeep Compass and Patriot; and Toledo Assembly Complex, which makes the Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee; which will be down the week of July 18; and Toledo Machining, which will be down the week of July 25."

1241 - 1260 of 1273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.