Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 3194 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
FYI, the Velvet Red is new for 2016. The previous red it replaced was "Deep Cherry Red". They are similar, but the Velvet Red is much darker when not in the sun.
Yep, not sure what is going exactly. I see a deep cherry red summit at work everyday and this altitude I was talking about is not that color, much darker and to me it is a velvet red. I have looked at about 10-15 HA 2016 velvet red's and this Altitude I keep seeing has the same exact color. It's not a HA because it has the painted plastic plastic around the wheel wells.

I guess if could be 2016 velvet red overland that he converted into a Altitude? It has all the black badging/accents and trim pieces along with the black wheels. I'll take some pics next time I see it and post em.

·
Registered
Summit 3-Coat Ivory
132 Posts
Finally picked up my 2017 3.6L Summit CA eddition.

Already had front windows tinted at 35% and a clear bra on the front bumper, fenders, headlights, mirrors, door edges and door handle cups.
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473206177.344308.jpg ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473206201.835027.jpg ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473206214.249031.jpg ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473206227.467969.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know this has probably been asked here but I can't seem to find it. Any one have a time frame for incentives on 2017 Grand Cherokees. Walked into the dealer today in Bay Ridge Brooklyn just curious and they wanted $45,500 for Trailhawk with just Nav. I told them isn't the invoice price like 41,500 he argued no 43,500 so I just walked out.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
The Platinum/Cali pkg needs to be standard. The Summits look so much better with the body colors mirrors and door handles.
But if they made it standard they would lose $1,000 from everyone that agrees with you and is willing to pay. We all have our priorities. I didn't think the Platinum Pkg was worth the money. But, I was willing to spend for the Ski Grey interior. Go Figure.

--

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
Question on color

Jeep calls the new interior color Ski Grey.

Is there a Ski Grey, or did somebody at Jeep misspell SKY, and nobody picked it up until it was too late?

--

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know this has probably been asked here but I can't seem to find it. Any one have a time frame for incentives on 2017 Grand Cherokees. Walked into the dealer today in Bay Ridge Brooklyn just curious and they wanted $45,500 for Trailhawk with just Nav. I told them isn't the invoice price like 41,500 he argued no 43,500 so I just walked out.

There is a current $750 incentive/rebate through I believe October 3.

·
Registered
Overland
123 Posts
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Umm buy an Overland and switch out the chrome handles and mirror caps?...

Gotta tell you, I never liked the wooden steering wheels. Whenever I saw them on a MB I always thought that was going too far, bling wise. Much to my surprise they are truly functional, improving grip (which I would've thought the opposite), and really sweet with the heated wheel in the winter. A leather wheel doesn't come close.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Gotta tell you, I never liked the wooden steering wheels. Whenever I saw them on a MB I always thought that was going too far, bling wise. Much to my surprise they are truly functional, improving grip (which I would've thought the opposite), and really sweet with the heated wheel in the winter. A leather wheel doesn't come close.:thumbsup:
I never cared for the wood on the wheel. I prefer the all leather on my HA. It gets just as toasty in the winter.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The Platinum/Cali pkg needs to be standard. The Summits look so much better with the body colors mirrors and door handles.
..all models do..i.e. LTD should come this way too...enough with the chrome mirror caps and door handles.. imho

that summit is clean, clean, clean!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts

·
Registered
Summit 3-Coat Ivory
132 Posts
I put on about 100 miles this first day. Wanted to get a good feel of the 2017 Summit and play a little before installing the Allstate Drivewise OBD sensor that tracks my hard breaking and any time I hit 80mph.

I can say that the air suspension is tighter than previous years. It drives very similar to my 15 HA. My biggest fear of getting a Summit (a bouncy ride) is gone.

More testing (playing) to come on Thursday when I'm off.

·
Super Moderator
8,318 Posts
That's a very subjective call. There are a lot of folks who like the chrome... ;) So it's nice to have the choice!

·
Registered
743 Posts
..all models do..i.e. LTD should come this way too...enough with the chrome mirror caps and door handles.. imho

that summit is clean, clean, clean!

The "standard" chrome-cladded models are like that for a reason. The majority, according to market research, still prefer it. The segment that does not was identified as one that would be willing to pay a premium to have something different.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The "standard" chrome-cladded models are like that for a reason. The majority, according to market research, still prefer it. The segment that does not was identified as one that would be willing to pay a premium to have something different.
I don't mind the chrome, I also don't mind the body colored look. However the chrome doesn't look all that great on the 2017 model with the "Grand Cherokee" lettering no longer in chrome and the 20 inch wheels looking almost white, it looks disjointed and not "finished" in my opinion. On previous model years everything was uniform and clean looking.

·
Registered
373 Posts
2017 GC Build & Price: Jeep - Build & Price - Select Model

Even as I am jumping to different brand, I cant help but check out the GCs. The current generation is a very good looking SUV but the design updates of the 2017s just did not do it for me. I am looking forward to the next generation GC. Maybe that is the one that gets me back in a Jeep again.

·
Registered
270 Posts
2281 - 2300 of 3194 Posts