Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

861 - 880 of 3194 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,325 Posts
Speaking of blues, ^^^Jim_in_PA's signature picture reminds of a short lived blue color that you certainly don't see many of. "Winter Chill". That was a fairly extreme color for the Grand Cherokee. I think I can remember seeing 1 Winter Chill WK2 out in the wild.
I've only seen one other JGC in Winter Chill regularly in this area. And honestly, the only reason I ended up with that color is that it was the ONLY light color available when I was buying my MY12 Summit (which at that time was an "Overland Summit". I really didn't want another blue car as my previous Highlander Hybrid Limited was blue. But I guess it was in the cards for me as a Penn State Alum. And it's looking like my younger daughter will be going to PSU, too...

·
Super Moderator
8,325 Posts
Ooh, THAT almost looks like a "Worthers Caramel"! Can I have a lick? :lol:
You'll get hauled off to the "funny farm" if someone catches you licking their JGC... ;)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I might be in the minority, but I would really like to have the option of the Tank green that the Wrangler offers.
How does that compare to Recon Green available on the 75th GC?

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,771 Posts
Ooh, THAT almost looks like a "Worthers Caramel"! Can I have a lick? :lol:
Terrible picture. Looks much better in person. :) Most of us at work miss it. We have a few that miss Winter Chill too.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
Terrible picture. Looks much better in person. :) Most of us at work miss it. We have a few that miss Winter Chill too.
With the new paint system, would offering more colors be an issue. Is it just because of the quantity of paint they need to buy or load that holds them back? I would guess that you can't run with a couple of gallons of paint.

--

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is a really good question. Perhaps someone at FCA could shed some light on the systems abilities and limitations. I spoke with someone who supposedly was knowledgeable with regard to the automated systems that the car manufacturers use. He told me the actual cost to switch over a paint color on one of the robots is around $100 and that some companies run low production run colors in batches to limit change overs. I can not verify this information but it sounds reasonable.
On another note, if you really want to have some fun go to the Rolls Royce "Configurator" and play with all the colors and interior choices. I am afraid that is as close to a Rolls as I will ever get.

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
2017 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

I'm thinking maybe the auto mfrs have some type of deal with the paint company that offers Pearl paint.

The WK2 has been produced since 2010 and goes from MY 2011 - 2018.

One of the most popular colors for SUVs is PX8 Gloss Black. Jeep ever going to offer it on Grand Cherokee? I'd dump my brand new Jeep GC to get a new one in PX8 black.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

I'm thinking maybe the auto mfrs have some type of deal with the paint company that offers Pearl paint.

The WK2 has been produced since 2010 and goes from MY 2011 - 2018.

One of the most popular colors for SUVs is PX8 Gloss Black. Jeep ever going to offer it on Grand Cherokee? I'd dump my brand new Jeep GC to get a new one in PX8 black.

If you really want it, for the amount you would lose trading a relatively new car you could probably get a custom paint job.

--

·
Registered
Overland
123 Posts
Imagine paying extra for white!? Okay I know it's probably a multi step or something. But I still find it funny.:lol:

I would love to be able to get recon green and the sienna brown in an Overland. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Marlon, Marlon, Marlon . . . where have you been ? Missy, missy those short little quips of yours, AND any REAL inside goodies !
Now you know I need to know about the 2017 Laredo FRONT LOOK, so what say ye ? ? ? I know all I do is pester, pester, till I make a pest of myself ! Can't help it though, I'm just a getting' older by the week wondering what's going on, yonder-way ! I so desperately want to spend my $40G's, must I opt for the '16 75th Laredo ? Or can I have my cake & eat it too in a '17 Laredo that looks just like the 75th (front) ? pssst . . . I promise I won't tell a soul . . . just you and me will know . . . Ssshh.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Imagine paying extra for white!? Okay I know it's probably a multi step or something. But I still find it funny.:lol:

I would love to be able to get recon green and the sienna brown in an Overland. :thumbsup:
And I would love to get the sienna brown in a Laredo - even if it were in cloth !
So tired of 50 shades of gray ! ! ! :)

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,701 Posts
All 2017 wk2s will have that front end....even the SRT. And by that i mean the new....washerless headlights etc. They arent gonna give the 2017 trailhawk, summit and srt the 75th cues and not do it to the laredo, limited and overland.

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
All 2017 wk2s will have that front end....even the SRT. And by that i mean the new....washerless headlights etc. They arent gonna give the 2017 trailhawk, summit and srt the 75th cues and not do it to the laredo, limited and overland.

Do you like the new headlights and grill and lower fascia on the Trailhawk? I do.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
458 Posts

Imagine the new Overland will look like a Trailhawk front end but without red tow hooks & graphics

The unknown for me is if the HA will carry and how they will update that one. I'm almost betting it won't, but total guess

Thanks for confirming Scott. I didn't imagine there would be a different front end - pretty obvious that wouldn't make sense - lol

Any word on HA carryover?

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

I would love to see the Grand Cherokee in this colour(looks way better in real life, a little less blue and a bit more green lantern green)
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1459397498.371156.jpg
It look fantastic in the sun, so vibrant and strong
All the current colours are boring, the only interesting one is the velvet red

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3L CRD, Uneek4x4 bull bar, Murchison Products Suspension Lift

861 - 880 of 3194 Posts