Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 3194 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Not sure if it was addressed in this thread....what's the deal with 2017 fog lights? Are they the same as the LED fogs found in the 2015 and newer SRT's?

Looking at the window stickers on 2016's found on the local dealers lot I see the Summit stickers say "Premium foglight's" as a separate line item, the Overlands and Limiteds say LED tailights but no "Premium" fog line item.

Are these "Premium" Fogs the LED fogs from the SRT's?
Looking at the foglight lenses on all the 2016 trim levels they all appear to be identical, even though the foglight bezels on the Summit & High Altitudes are different than the bezels on the Overlands & Limiteds??

·
Registered
818 Posts
Not sure if it was addressed in this thread....what's the deal with 2017 fog lights? Are they the same as the LED's found in the 2015 and newer SRT's?

Looking at the window stickers on 2016's found on the local dealers lot I see the Summit stickers say "Premium foglight's" as a separate line item, the Overlands and Limiteds say LED tailights but no "Premium" fog line item.

Looking at the foglight lenses on all the 2016 trim levels they all appear to be identical, even though the foglight bezels on the Summit & High Altitudes are different than the bezels on the Overlands & Limiteds??
No, the 2016 Summit fogs are not LED. They are H11 bulbs behind a small projector lens. Not sure if the 2017 fogs are the same as the SRT, but they are indeed LED on the Summit (not sure if the lower trims will get LED).

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Not sure if it was addressed in this thread....what's the deal with 2017 fog lights? Are they the same as the LED fogs found in the 2015 and newer SRT's?

No, the last time I looked at window stickers they ALL say "premium fog lights" whether it's a base Laredo or an SRT. The premium fog light does not mean LED. Whether the 2017 will get the LED fogs though I do not know.

·
Jeep Addict
2017 Audi Q7
1,571 Posts
Not sure if it was addressed in this thread....what's the deal with 2017 fog lights?
Good question. On my 15 Summit, it is just the little round light. On the 17, there is a little round light AND a longer stripe behind glass or plastic. I'm curious how this will be illuminated. If it is, it's LED for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Good question. On my 15 Summit, it is just the little round light. On the 17, there is a little round light AND a longer stripe behind glass or plastic. I'm curious how this will be illuminated. If it is, it's LED for sure.
Are they cornering lights like I have on my KL? They are inside the same housing as the foglights. When the wheel is turned, they come on, either left or right depending on which way the wheel is turned.

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Are they cornering lights like I have on my KL? They are inside the same housing as the foglights. When the wheel is turned, they come on, either left or right depending on which way the wheel is turned.
Definitely not cornering lights. They are simply fog lights and/or a DRL.

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029
Milous

You say 'then you won't be able to get red seats" in a reply regarding the Trailhawk. Is this to mean that the seats will be available in red like the 10A Rubicon or that the seats will be black with red stitching accents?
I was told that they were going to offer Radar Red seats as an option, but finalized ordering information is still being worked on so not able to confirm yet.

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,030
Milious... Is it just the car play thats not listed as a 2017 feature or is the also the 4th gen uconnect system with higher resolution and capacitive touch screen thats also not listed? I ask because as long as the hardware is there I would think car play could get added later as a flash, but if its still the 3rd gen uconnect thats a much bigger deal.
All of the non-Jeep 2017 vehicles that I have confirmed to have CarPlay feature the next-gen "UA_" series radios. A source at the Jeep plant says that the pre-production and fast-feedback vehicles built so far all have the current "RA_" series radios.

·
Premium Member
17 Summit
458 Posts
2017 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes

Not sure I have ever seen this vid posted here - skip to 1:25 - little sneak peek of the new Uconnect UA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHIbEaetDxw

So much for ordering a 17 when they come out - def worth waiting for this to prevent the headache of a hardware upgrade later.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just don't know if i can wait another year for CarPlay if it doesn't come out this year on the GC. If Fall hits and there is absolutely no word on it I may just keep my Durango for the winters and get a 2017 Challenger Scat Pack instead...At least with that if it does't have CP then i will have 500hp to make up for it :D

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
Makes no difference to me. I would probably feel compelled to buy a smartphone if my car came equipped with it. :)

I'd rather have real chrome bumpers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

--

--

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hold on, at least 3 months until production begins. Let's give them a chance to get the new UA_ Series in.

If the '17 JGC doesn't get CarPlay I may consider going and getting a XC90. Current lease is up soon and no CarPlay 3-4 years after it was initially announced is a deal breaker

·
Registered
Overland
123 Posts
If the '17 JGC doesn't get CarPlay I may consider going and getting a XC90. Current lease is up soon and no CarPlay 3-4 years after it was initially announced is a deal breaker

I thought paying extra for white paint would've broken the camels back. Different world I guess???:rolleyes:

1021 - 1040 of 3194 Posts