Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this is going to sound dumb! I just bought this TH thinking, I was going to put 2" leveling kit or lift kit on it and a size up in tires. Then I found out there is no leveling kit for a quad lift! I want to put Firestone Destination A/T tires. Will 31.5" in height rub, when the TH is in the lower position? Or am I good to go with those?

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,690 Posts
Look for air links. They will trick the suspension into sitting higher. You lose ORII though.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
30 Posts
You can level QL with AlfaOBD by changing the offset in the calibration settings.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
546 Posts
Ok, I know this is going to sound dumb! I just bought this TH thinking, I was going to put 2" leveling kit or lift kit on it and a size up in tires. Then I found out there is no leveling kit for a quad lift! I want to put Firestone Destination A/T tires. Will 31.5" in height rub, when the TH is in the lower position? Or am I good to go with those?
I run 255/70/18 Coopers and the only rub when the wheel is cranked in entry mode. I believe 265/65/18s will work no issues.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,849 Posts
I've seen people claim you can run up to a 32" tire with no issues. Also seen many talk about the airlink.

Airlinks

Tire Sizes.png

·
Registered
'20 Trailhawk
52 Posts
Look for air links. They will trick the suspension into sitting higher. You lose ORII though.
I have the AirLink Leveling on mine to only level out the front. I still have OR2 height capability, so what do you mean by "you lose OR2"?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
30 Posts
I've seen people over ride, but does it mess anything up? It's my everyday vehicle
No, it still cycles through all settings from Park to OR2. I did the air links 1st but didn't like the loss of OR2. Went back to stock links and did the offset.
Running 275/55R20 Michelin LTX M/S on OEM Overland wheels with no issue. The measure out to 32 and an 1/8" when new unloaded. My favorite part of using AlfaOBD is you can lower the rear and raise the front so the leveling doesn't have to be all front raise. I'm almost at Aero Mode in the normal ride height.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
30 Posts
I have the AirLink Leveling on mine to only level out the front. I still have OR2 height capability, so what do you mean by "you lose OR2"?
The loss of OR2 is hit or miss depending on what the factory calibration is at and also what position the vehicle is in when you go to OR2. The shortened links can keep the sensor from reaching OR2 if the air bag maxes out.

Reactions: IAmTodd and AV8TR

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,690 Posts
The loss of OR2 is hit or miss depending on what the factory calibration is at and also what position the vehicle is in when you go to OR2. The shortened links can keep the sensor from reaching OR2 if the air bag maxes out.
Maxing out the shock/strut and they will become very angry if they continue to beat against the limit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the difference between the AirLink Leveling and a regular Leveling Kit? I tried to do a 2" leveling kit, on my QL TH and the OffRoad place said I couldn't do a leveling kit bc of the QL. The AirLink Leveling doesn't effect/damage the "air bags" does it? It just levels the front end, correct? I'm not looking for anything for hardcore offroading. It's my everyday car...90-95% of driving is highway/interstate. So I just wanted to level out the front, give it a more aggressive stance, be able to take it to the mountains and fish where I want, and know over riding the system or playing with the airlinks isn't going to screw stuff up. I'm going with Firestone Destination A/T 2, 265/65/r18. I know some people don't like them, but it's what I have on my Xterra and love them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There was someone here that did lift a Quadra Lift GC, using a spacer lift. Something about the spring seat being the same. So he used a spacer lift in front and a shock extension in the rear. Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just found these https://airlinksgc.com/

I'm thinking if I only wanted to a 2" leveling kit, then then 1.5" lift would be the same. But hell, I'm not mechanic or expert (which is why all the questions!)

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
30 Posts
The ONLY way to level a QL WK2 and guarantee that you will maintain the ability to use the full range of levels is through AlfaOBD. Using spacers without adjusting the air links or changing the calibration in the computer actually won't do anything cause the computer will still go back to the calibrated height and then won't be able to reach Park mode and give you an error code that way.
You can buy custom links that say they will retain all QL functionality but even if it works for your build its still maxing out the front and it gets real "pogo stick" in OR2. BTW you can buy the parts to make the exact same links for less than $20 from Amazon. Fair warning ... getting those new ends on with the wire clips is not for the faint of heart. If you want to change the length of the air links cause your WK2 isn't exactly level; one thread length on the links changes the height by about 8mm.
Doing the same thing with AlfaOBD is adjustable by tenths of a millimeter at either end without having to take the links off AND there's a host of other changes you can make... fog lights on with high beams, tire size adjustment for speedometer calibration, DRL dropout with turn signals, inner/outer brake lights, global window up/down, putting LED bulbs in without hyper flash, etc. along with managing error codes and CEL resets. It's really an invaluable tool.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes daloudin, you are correct. The post I saw about the spacer lift had also used airlinks at first, then switched to alphaOBD to adjust perimeters. His end result was an over all 2” lift in all stages of operation. The nice part being able to have more ground clearance at OR 1 without the suspension topping out. Of course this is going to have other factors effected as well such a driveshaft angles, etc.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
30 Posts
Yes daloudin, you are correct. The post I saw about the spacer lift had also used airlinks at first, then switched to alphaOBD to adjust perimeters. His end result was an over all 2” lift in all stages of operation. The nice part being able to have more ground clearance at OR 1 without the suspension topping out. Of course this is going to have other factors effected as well such a driveshaft angles, etc.
Yes, and unless you add Adjustable UCAs you'll run the risk of running out of adjustment for front end alignments since you've changed the geometry of the suspension.
It's the only way (that I've come across) to raise QL and maintain the adjustment of the original design.
The parts to do the UCAs and swap out QL for OME coils is sitting in my shop waiting for the day that my QL fails and I do a permanent 2.5" Lift and it uses spacers on the front end to level the factory stance. At that point I'll be using AlfaOBD to remove QL in the options page so there won't be any error codes and I'm going to keep the compressor and add a coupler to use for compressed air.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the AirLink Leveling on mine to only level out the front. I still have OR2 height capability, so what do you mean by "you lose OR2"? View attachment 230710
[/QUOTE
Do you have any before and after pics? And did the 1" airlinks level links, give you pretty much what a "normal" 2" level kit would give? Or would Airlinks 1.5" lift links, give me the "2" level kit" look? I just don't want to order the Airlinks 1" level links and not really be able to notice anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the AirLink Leveling on mine to only level out the front. I still have OR2 height capability, so what do you mean by "you lose OR2"? View attachment 230710
Do you have any before and after pics? And did the 1" airlinks level links, give you pretty much what a "normal" 2" level kit would give? Or would Airlinks 1.5" lift links, give me the "2" level kit" look? I just don't want to order the Airlinks 1" level links and not really be able to notice anything.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,849 Posts
I would go the AlfaOBD route since you can do other things with it as well. Seems like the better way to go.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts