Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If you look at the website, there are many Before/After examples to see. I just chose the LEVEL KIT option, there were no 1", 1.5", or 2" options to select, just LEVEL, LIFT, etc.

Ok thank you. Their site just shows 1" level kit and the before/after pics doesn't say which is which. Thank you though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes daloudin, you are correct. The post I saw about the spacer lift had also used airlinks at first, then switched to alphaOBD to adjust perimeters. His end result was an over all 2” lift in all stages of operation. The nice part being able to have more ground clearance at OR 1 without the suspension topping out. Of course this is going to have other factors effected as well such a driveshaft angles, etc.
Would you happen to be able to tag that build thread ? I have read it as well but haven’t been able to find it and would like to go with the same process on my trailhawk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Would you happen to be able to tag that build thread ? I have read it as well but haven’t been able to find it and would like to go with the same process on my trailhawk
I’d have to do some thread crawling to find it again. I do remember that it was a few posts in on the thread not the OP, so it would take some time to find. I’ll post it up if I run across it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
TH owner here, lots of offroading, crawling granite and technical stuff. Do not lift your TH, at most buy the front-only leveling link (96.5mm ball to ball on my DIY one). Obviously you don't need all 4 to level the car. 32" do tend to rub. I have the Sahara wheels/tires. I also needed a spacer to clear the caliper and run here and there. Worth it though.

Contrary to popular belief, lifting your car will make it handle worse, you'll lose extension and thus ability to keep wheels on the ground offroad. I rarely use OR1 and much less OR2 while offroad unless i'm trying to clear a boulder under the car. I've even put the car into parking mode going down a rather tight and steep bank, also at dragon's tail on hells revenge, just to keep wheels on the ground.. "adding suspension" ; |

I do wish QL had more rebound damping to it, its pretty underdamped IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
TH owner here, lots of offroading, crawling granite and technical stuff. Do not lift your TH, at most buy the front-only leveling link (96.5mm ball to ball on my DIY one). Obviously you don't need all 4 to level the car. 32" do tend to rub. I have the Sahara wheels/tires. I also needed a spacer to clear the caliper and run here and there. Worth it though.

Contrary to popular belief, lifting your car will make it handle worse, you'll lose extension and thus ability to keep wheels on the ground offroad. I rarely use OR1 and much less OR2 while offroad unless i'm trying to clear a boulder under the car. I've even put the car into parking mode going down a rather tight and steep bank, also at dragon's tail on hells revenge, just to keep wheels on the ground.. "adding suspension" ; |

Thank you! That's what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
34 Posts
Another reason that I'm replacing QL with OME Coils... no more pogo stick!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
34 Posts
Well... I went out in the cold and went through the whole process of resetting the ride height on my Jeep WK2 Overland and then cycling through all the settings and taking pictures only to find out that I can't post pictures. Is it because I'm using Crapatalk?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
34 Posts
What all does that consist of? Price estimate?
Replacement struts, coils and rear shocks along with a front spacer to level and adjustable upper control arms. You can choose which spring rate you want, pre-assembled, ucas or not and a host of other options when you order them and it all affects the price. Go here to see what it costs (you can save some by going direct but RRO will pre-assemble and have prices to give you an idea of cost):
"WK2 Grand Cherokee Quadralift lift kit: Jeep Air-Ride lift kit, WK2 Trailhawk lift kit, 2011-2021" WK2 Grand Cherokee Quadralift lift kit: Jeep Air-Ride lift kit, WK2 Trailhawk lift kit, 2011-2021

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,904 Posts
What all does that consist of? Price estimate?
What year?

Depending year you can use Bilstein 5100 w/Old Man Emu lift coils like I'm using to save money. Also UCA's are not required with a suspension swap, mostly when using spacers for lift, because they don't limit down travel causing unneeded stress on them.
Bilstein vs spacer.jpeg

21 - 30 of 30 Posts