Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Altitude
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm new here. Just leased my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude edition.

I'm wondering, did the headlights on this model change from previous years or is it just different trims have different headlights?

Basically, I see Jeep Grand Cherokees on the road with the halo, white neon headlights. Wondering if that was a certain year or trim, maybe I have it on my ride but doesn't seem like I do when I checked my headlights .

Thanks, love the new Jeep.

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,243 Posts
Those are only on the Limited and above trims. Since the Altitude is based on the Laredo, its never come whith the leds from the factory. Doesnt mean it cant be done and many have retro fitted those leds to the MY17. Pricey though.

·
Registered
2017 Altitude
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool. Thank you for the info. I'll probably stick to what I have. It works fine.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
- Full custom harness is needed if you have halogen lights.

- New Image Autosports in Arlington, TX did this one below. Guess they have a custom wire harness.

- Have no idea how much it cost lol. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2013 Lexus GS350
522 Posts
- Full custom harness is needed if you have halogen lights.

- New Image Autosports in Arlington, TX did this one below. Guess they have a custom wire harness.

- Have no idea how much it cost lol. Welcome to the forum!
This member did her conversion using Jeep_addicted harness. He's a member here. I also did the same on my 17 GC Altitude. It is a pricey mod. I installed it myself. The other option would be a HID kit in your current headlights.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
This member did her conversion using Jeep_addicted harness. He's a member here. I also did the same on my 17 GC Altitude. It is a pricey mod. I installed it myself. The other option would be a HID kit in your current headlights.
I'll second that - if you're looking for the best upgrade from stock halogen lighting, an H11 HID Conversion Kit would be the way to go for your Grand Cherokee.

Just make sure you get one with some sort of Canbus Fix (PWM module, Error Canceller - everyone calls them different names) because you will need something more than a basic kit due to the Daytime Running Lights sharing that same H11 Low Beam bulb.

~Robert

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,243 Posts
So after a few months of constant issues with my HID's i went back to my shop that installed them and since i have insurance on them seems they have a new ballast for 2017 and up vehicles that includes the canbus, anti flicker or error canceller. So far its good, but what i have done is turned the DRL feature off and will operate them manual instead of auto. Will report back after some time. Hopefully these work well for some time.

On another note, the headlights on the Altitude and maybe the MY17 Laredo's look great even with the halogen bulbs. Not sure if they are projector lens but the output of the lens and bulb are not too bad and lood good compared to other vehicles and their lens. So worst case scenario i'll switch back. Agreed OEM HIDS are much better and far less hassles lol. Should have switched out my headlights on the 2014 i had...lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2017 black altitude and love it. The projector headlights a great even though I really wish I had the factory hid and dlr's. I pretty much gave up trying to find a pair of headlights on eBay, just seems like no seller has the pair. Not to mention the whole upgrade would be $1200+. I've come down to just upgrading the yellowish color/temp bulbs to give it a more "premium" look but unfortunately my jeep didn't come with a manual. Can someone please point me to the right direction with the bulbs sizes (high,low and fogs) or/and give some advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Lexus GS350
522 Posts
Whenever you're ready to do the upgrade let me know. I make a custom harness that is plug and play. it requires no cutting, slicing or drilling and you'll be able to go back to halogen system when your lease is up.
Is your harness different then Jeep_addicted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did you get the harness? And how much
He (Ziras) makes them. I just received mine this past Tuesday and it is truly plug and play. In fact, the hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to mount the plastic junction box. Im OCD with that stuff so it probably took me longer than the average installer lol. Ziras is the man! He was always quick to respond to my questions, even late at night. I bought the harness from here (Ziras does not sell them direct): https://www.mhfautolighting.com/collections/conversion-harnesses/products/halogen-to-hid-harness
black2a.jpg

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
224 Posts
I have a 2015 Altitude with the halogen headlights to which i converted over to the higher end srt style headlights. i went on ebay and found a matching pair from a 2017 for $650. And then i had to purchase the Ziras harness which indeed works perfectly. It was true plug n play aside from having to mount 4 resistors for the led turn signals in those headlights. Also they function with the turn signal where the led ribbon goes out until the turn signal is kicked off(during day driving). My most favorite upgrade i did.
wk2 lights.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts