Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added the tow bar myself a couple of days ago. The factory wiring harness was already installed so I thought I just needed to take it to the dealer to have it progammed. They programmed it but said that it wasn't getting a signal at the bumper. Said that It might not be plugged in at the fuse box. Wanted to change me another 180 to figure out if that was the case. Has anyone run into this?

·
Registered
JGC
902 Posts
I just added the tow bar myself a couple of days ago. The factory wiring harness was already installed so I thought I just needed to take it to the dealer to have it progammed. They programmed it but said that it wasn't getting a signal at the bumper. Said that It might not be plugged in at the fuse box. Wanted to change me another 180 to figure out if that was the case. Has anyone run into this?
When we installed the tow hitch to my neighbors 2017, he took it to a Jeep mechanic that had to add the Tow Package to the VIN Build in order to make it work. Now when my neighbor pulls up his VIN, the build sheet it shows the tow package. Not sure if this is the normal way to do it, just for '17's, or for all of the "WK2's" that didn't come with the tow package that had the wiring included, but it worked. It's possible that your Jeep dealer did this and it didn't work, but you should check with them and if they didn't, ask them to try it this way.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
19 Posts
Hi! A bit late but did you get it to work? I just installed tow bar on my GC and wonder if I should just activate it myself (alphaOBD) or take it to the dealer. Are there any other ways to activate it? TIA!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts