Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In August I took my 2017 GC LTD to Jeep dealer for oil change and diagnosis of "Service 4X4" light. They changed oil and made "diagnosis" appointment for apparently faulty 4X4 light. Dealer reset the Oil Life instrument cluster display, left display in oil life position. Neither I nor " dealer (later) could get odometer display to reset. At diagnosis appointment, dealer said the failure to reset odometer problem was possibly related to the faulty "Service 4X4" light and that a new "DTCM" (Transfer Case Module control) might correct the odometer issue. The part order took 2 months, total bill for diagnosis and install was $920, the "Service 4X4" light is off, but odometer reset problem still exists. Dealer does not know how to repair.

Is there a "hard reset" to factory settings for the instrument cluster? Other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 15 minute battery disconnect will reset all modules. ....but Im not understanding your problem. will the oil life not reset, or is the cluster stuck in the oil life screen?
Thanks, Crosshairs. Dealer evidently reset oil life. Now I can't reset "A" or "B" odometers. I can't bring up the screen I like, which is odometer for trip/MPG for trip/elapsed time of trip. I can't get to oil life to even check. Should I try the battery disconnect? Thanks.

· Registered
954 Posts
OK, so the steering wheel controls are not doing anything, or just those screens are not coming up?
but yeah, I would give the battery disconnect a try, I have seen that fix some oddball electrical issues.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crosshairs, the steering wheel controls did not seem to respond. I sat and fiddled with it a while today, punched in different sequences and suddenly, it worked! I was able to reset both "A" & "B" trip mileages AND get the screen I lost with trip miles, MPG, & elapsed time. Now I'm not sure which sequence worked, but for now the issue seems to be resolved. I was all set to disconnect the battery as you suggested. Thanks again for your responses. Much appreciated. Bob1214

1 - 5 of 5 Posts