Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some recommendations on what aftermarket wheels and tires would look good on my Jeep. If you have pictures of the set up you’re currently running that’d be great. Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recently put Black Rhino Overland 18x8 +30 wheels in Satin Black on my 2019 Sting Gray Trailhawk. Tires are 265/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W (one size bigger than OEM, 31.6" OD)

Fitment is great, zero rubbing in any condition while being much more aggressive and 1" taller tire fills out everything much more. Front is pretty flush with the fenders, I might bring the rears out 1/4" or so with a small spacer but overall fitment is great. Not the most aggressive setup by any means but I consider it OEM+ with no rubbing, trimming, and tires are as quiet as OEM.

I'll get some better pictures once the weather is a bit better here in the PNW.

Attachments

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
629 Posts
These are LT265/60R18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 (stock size for the 18" wheel) all-terrain tires on MOPAR "Black and Machined Rugged Off-Road Wheels". The wheels kept the stock offset, so they're tucked into the wheel wells nicely and required no adapters.

I had to cut drain grooves on the hub side of the wheels to allow water to drain so there wasn't excessive rusting in the area behind the wheel.

They're several years old and have seen a lot of use off-road, so they're not in perfect shape, but you get the idea. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
Jeep GC Summit Dsl
100 Posts
Spider Monkey aftermarket 20x9 with Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires
295/45/20
Rides better than the Michelins I had.
pic of Jeep is with the Michelins

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Looking for some recommendations on what aftermarket wheels and tires would look good on my Jeep. If you have pictures of the set up you’re currently running that’d be great. Thanks
18x8 Black Rhino Warlords. +30mm offset compared to stock +56mm. Moved tire and wheel out approx. 1".

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
My setup - vision se7en 18x9 +12ET with 275/65/18 ridge grapplers. LLAMS quadralift module in the 30mm higher setting in all modes. Pretty aggressive offset, and needs the lift to keep from rubbing a bit on the lower frond bumper/flare, but it has great stance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So I have a quick question: for those of you that changed the overall diameter of your wheel/tire package by going from the stock 265/60/18s to 265/65/18 or 275/65/18, did re-calibrate your speedometer? Going from the stock 30.5" to 31.5" (265/65) or 32" (275/65), would throw the speedometer off by over 3% -- the car would be going 3% faster than indicated on your speedometer. If you did re-calibrate the speedo, how did you do it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have not. I’d like to but detracted with other projects. lol ai just keep the difference in mind as I drive around.
I contacted my dealer and asked this question of them. Only the Wrangler's have customizable tire size settings from the factory; all other models are limited to a select list of tire sizes that were used by the manufacturer. Of course, after-market devices could alter this. I was also advised that the larger diameter tire size could potentially affect transmission shift points and acceleration (obviously there would be slightly less acceleration -- torque -- applied to the ground with larger diameter tires).

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,276 Posts
So I have a quick question: for those of you that changed the overall diameter of your wheel/tire package by going from the stock 265/60/18s to 265/65/18 or 275/65/18, did re-calibrate your speedometer? Going from the stock 30.5" to 31.5" (265/65) or 32" (275/65), would throw the speedometer off by over 3% -- the car would be going 3% faster than indicated on your speedometer. If you did re-calibrate the speedo, how did you do it?
Before 2014, the dealer scan tool or aftermarket versions (Expensive electronic tools) can enter a new tire overall diameter to not only correct the speedometer, but also all the other equipment that is dependent on wheel speed, ABS/ESC/TC/ESP, etc...

2014 and on, for some reason FCA locked that feature, and a new tire overall diameter can not be entered to correct for oversized wheels... ...not even by a dealer.... ...its been posted some of the tuners tools that hacks into the electronics has hacked around this and will allow you to change the tires overall diameter value in the electronics... ....the alternative tools to the Dealer Scan tool, since they are based on reverse engineering the protocols and not hacking the protocols (I know those are sorta the same), they work like the dealer tool and thus can't do it....

Don't know if DiagFCA or AlphaOBD can do this, either for pre-2014 or 2014 and on, because they are the only affordable tool that can do some of the Dealer Scan Tool functions, so it might be worth looking into.......

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,276 Posts
Only the Wrangler's have customizable tire size settings from the factory; all other models are limited to a select list of tire sizes that were used by the manufacturer.
Before 2014, the dealer scan tool or aftermarket versions (Expensive electronic tools) can enter a new tire overall diameter to not only correct the speedometer, but also all the other equipment that is dependent on wheel speed, ABS/ESC/TC/ESP, etc...

2014 and on, for some reason FCA locked that feature
I haven't tried to do it on my WK2... ..so I'm basing what I said off of things I read...

So there are two different stories here.... ...well at least for pre 2014 WK2's...

I'm confident 2014 and on WK2 is what WildBTK and I say, tire diameter not correctable, unless you use one of the hacking tools....

I could be wrong on pre 2014 WK2, the dealer being able to do it, but it might be doable with some of the electronic tools out there other than the hacking/tuner tools.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
How do yo
My setup - vision se7en 18x9 +12ET with 275/65/18 ridge grapplers. LLAMS quadralift module in the 30mm higher setting in all modes. Pretty aggressive offset, and needs the lift to keep from rubbing a bit on the lower frond bumper/flare, but it has great stance.
How do you like the Ridge Grapplers in this size, are they fairly loud or pretty modest? Also, did you MPG tank going to that size? Any strait on views from the front or back to see how much poke there is?

·
Registered
GC TH
506 Posts
Most of us just keep in mind that our speed is off. AlfaOBD can definitely correct the tire size if you follow the correct procedure.

Obviously, going 265/65 won’t be off by quite as much as a 32.1” tire, but if you plan on getting Alfa OBD, it won’t matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
20210122_091217.jpg

Do you have spacers behind these wheels?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently put Black Rhino Overland 18x8 +30 wheels in Satin Black on my 2019 Sting Gray Trailhawk. Tires are 265/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W (one size bigger than OEM, 31.6" OD)

Fitment is great, zero rubbing in any condition while being much more aggressive and 1" taller tire fills out everything much more. Front is pretty flush with the fenders, I might bring the rears out 1/4" or so with a small spacer but overall fitment is great. Not the most aggressive setup by any means but I consider it OEM+ with no rubbing, trimming, and tires are as quiet as OEM.

I have a 19 trailhawk with 275/65/18 bfg ATs and I don't rub at all. I love these wheels you have but should I worry about the 1 inch difference in offset since my tires are 10 mm wider than yours?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts