Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought it was going to be straight forward to replace the oem low beam bulb but there is a ton of s*** blocking access to the bulb.
has anyone been able to do this ‘easily’ or am I missing something?

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
304 Posts
What Regio said, passenger side airbox removal, very easy to do. Driver side if you need extra room there is 4 bolts holding the ecu on , you can remove those and maneuver the ecu out of the way for extra space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was trying to get to them thru the wheel well opening (twisting the cover? off) and not from above.
it seems there is a rubber piece covering the low beam connection, is that right?
The turn signal bulb is not covered by a rubber piece.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
304 Posts
i was trying to get to them thru the wheel well opening (twisting the cover? off) and not from above.
it seems there is a rubber piece covering the low beam connection, is that right?
The turn signal bulb is not covered by a rubber piece.
the wheel well opening is good if you have small hands but otherwise it sucks imo. And yes there should be a dust cap over the low beam that also spins off so you can get to the connector and the bulb.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There have been several posts on this problem. I removed the front clip to replace both bulbs. Very easy to do. two pop rivets in each fender well and several reusable plastic fasteners around the front clip and the entire clip can be lifted off the vehicle. BTY: Best instructions on how to do this can be found on line by searching the Blue Ox tow bar site and downloading the installation instructions. It's free and well written with photos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts