Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Trailhawk new in 2017 and did a NAV update in 2019. Everything has been working fine until yesterday. Now it's lost where I am. I can imput a destination and it 'thinks' it's giving routing information, but the information is totally wrong.

Does anybody have information on how to reboot the system? All other UConnect functions still work perfectly

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,270 Posts
Is your infotainment on the latest software? You can check by putting your vin on the uconnect website.
I've noticed that the NAV is off by a couple of hundred yards over the last few weeks on all three of my vehicles (and my computers for that matter). I have assumed that DoD might have reduced the accuracy of the GPS system because of the problems with Russia and Ukraine, but that shouldn't put it in another city. It could be an antenna problem on your vehicle.

·
Registered
'23 GC WL74 Limited (Jim)
156 Posts
I don't know if this works for Jeeps, but it has worked on Fords before. Unhook the positive battery cable for 5-10 minutes, and it could reset the entire system. Just a thought.

We used the Nav system in the wife's Mustang today, and it worked as it should. So, it's probably not a system wide problem.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Bought my Trailhawk new in 2017 and did a NAV update in 2019. Everything has been working fine until yesterday. Now it's lost where I am. I can imput a destination and it 'thinks' it's giving routing information, but the information is totally wrong.

Does anybody have information on how to reboot the system? All other UConnect functions still work perfectly
UConnect Soft Reboot: On radio control head, simultaneously press and hold the Radio Mute and Radio Tune Knobs. This procedure makes no changes to settings...just reboots the system.

UConnect Factory Reset: On A/C control panel, simultaneously press and hold Temp Up/Temp Down buttons until menu pops-up on screen. Then select “Factory Reset”

·
Registered
16 Posts

Yes, this happened to me in my 2014 JGC. Disconnecting the battery for ten minutes worked.

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UConnect Soft Reboot: On radio control head, simultaneously press and hold the Radio Mute and Radio Tune Knobs. This procedure makes no changes to settings...just reboots the system.

UConnect Factory Reset: On A/C control panel, simultaneously press and hold Temp Up/Temp Down buttons until menu pops-up on screen. Then select “Factory Reset”
Thanks! I'll try the reboot. Factory reset NOPE!

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I did the Soft Reboot you described and Viola! IT WORKED! The Nav is back to working as it should.
A BIG THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Its not your Nav antenna. I would bet $$. I bought my 2020 WK2 and in less than a month my brand new Jeep was back at the dealership because of the Uconnect radio. A little less than two months ago while on a Roadtrip and cell service spotty I needed to use my Nav and at the beginning of my trip it was ok. Then it decided to tell me that I was in South Dakota and i was no where near. It’s been 3 weeks that I’ve been waiting for going on my 3rd radio. I’m super not happy. I just found out the radio was in this morning g when I went to the dealership. Not pleased !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts