Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
7041 - 7060 of 7077 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
2018 JK Exterior Colors: (preliminary initial colors, subject to change)

ACID YELLOW CLEAR COAT
BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
BLACK CLEAR COAT
BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT
CHIEF CLEAR COAT
FIRECRACKER RED CLEAR COAT
GOBI CLEAR COAT
GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT
RHINO CLEAR COAT
XTREME PURPLE PEARL COAT

-Milous
10 colors......
Once again, the guessing game for what makes room for AY.

No one guessed that Acid Yellow would be dropped to make room for no changes in 2017.

·
Registered
Wrangler Sahara
104 Posts
10 colors......
Once again, the guessing game for what makes room for AY.
Outside the perpetual black, white, silver, and red, I think GCM is too popular to drop, Chief and Gobi are perhaps too new to drop, XP is the only "fun" color left, so my money's on Rhino getting the axe next to make room for AY.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Outside the perpetual black, white, silver, and red, I think GCM is too popular to drop, Chief and Gobi are perhaps too new to drop, XP is the only "fun" color left, so my money's on Rhino getting the axe next to make room for AY.
I would think that the most likely would be XP. It has had a good run. Pretty long of a run for a color that is 'taste specific'.

If they got rid of Rhino, it might be for simply a new shade in what could be called the Rhino/Anvil series.

GCM has already been dropped once (2015?). It could be dropped again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm thinking Chief.

Chief Blue came on the Chief Edition, which is getting dropped at the end of the 2017 run.
Acid Yellow is supposed to come on the delayed JK Special Edition, which is now coming in 2018.

It seems logical.
Or, logic makes my idea a non-starter with upper management. :lol:

·
Registered
75A
602 Posts
I'm thinking Chief.

Chief Blue came on the Chief Edition, which is getting dropped at the end of the 2017 run.
Acid Yellow is supposed to come on the delayed JK Special Edition, which is now coming in 2018.

It seems logical.
Or, logic makes my idea a non-starter with upper management. :lol:
Chief Blue is also available on other Wranglers.

·
Registered
75A
602 Posts
Milos or others in the know - I think I read here that they are only making 3,5oo of the Chief Editions. Is this right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What inspectors?

I status is awaiting final inspection. Presumably there are inspectors. My salesman is finally calling somebody to find out why it has been in that status so long. Kinda sad since if it had gone through inspection in a day or two I would have had it in less than five weeks (possibly four) from order date to delivery.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I status is awaiting final inspection. Presumably there are inspectors. My salesman is finally calling somebody to find out why it has been in that status so long. Kinda sad since if it had gone through inspection in a day or two I would have had it in less than five weeks (possibly four) from order date to delivery.
What are the last six numbers of your vin?

Is it a blue sport?

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
What are the last six numbers of your vin?

Is it a blue sport?
Ace... it appears you may know something about his Jeep. Is that the one the inspectors took to the off-road proving grounds? To make sure it can ford deep water up to the hood line?

:lol:

Reactions: King Con

·
Registered
721 Posts
Ace... it appears you may know something about his Jeep. Is that the one the inspectors took to the off-road proving grounds? To make sure it can ford deep water up to the hood line?

No need to do that to the customers cars. We have yard cars for that.

There was a sold, 5/24 car here that was just shipped. The oldest car we have afaik. Thought it might be his

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, a blue sport. The original estimated ship date was 5/23. When I called my dealer for the VIN it was already in D status so I didn't bother getting it as I figured this one was going to be lightning fast. I'm glad to hear it just left.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The last six of the VIN are 679612. As of last night it was still in I status. It will still (presumably) be here in 6-8 weeks from order date, but still frustrating.
It went to KZ status this morning and is supposed to be at the dealer next Wed.

Apparently, if a customer order stays in a status too long the computer automatically creates a duplicate order. If something is wrong with the first vehicle the customer doesn't have to wait overly long for the second. If the first vehicle is okay the dealer gets a bonus vehicle. So right now my dealer has mine in KZ and a second identical one in D status. Unfortunately for him, my base Sport with limited options is nearly unsaleable in this market so he'll probably cancel the D order since mine is on a truck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Unfortunately for him, my base Sport with limited options is nearly unsaleable in this market .....
Wut?

Stripped down Wranglers sell fast when they show up.

The reason you don't see limited option Jeeps ( or any other make/model) is because they interfere with maximizing profits from the markup!

Jeep and the dealership are in the business of getting your money in their bank accounts. Not you keeping your money.

7041 - 7060 of 7077 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.