Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
7061 - 7077 of 7077 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
It went to KZ status this morning and is supposed to be at the dealer next Wed.

Apparently, if a customer order stays in a status too long the computer automatically creates a duplicate order. If something is wrong with the first vehicle the customer doesn't have to wait overly long for the second. If the first vehicle is okay the dealer gets a bonus vehicle. So right now my dealer has mine in KZ and a second identical one in D status. Unfortunately for him, my base Sport with limited options is nearly unsaleable in this market so he'll probably cancel the D order since mine is on a truck.
Sorry for the slow reply, caribis.

Evidently that blue sport was yours. It went out the door just after midnight last night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered Recon a few days ago and was told that the rep had told the sales manager that it might be to late to order a Recon. They let him place the order anyways and I was told I will hear from the dealer when they know something. That all made me disappointed and a little nervous. I am hoping this is not true. Any "in the know" know they answer to this?

·
Premium Member
9,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,064 ·
I ordered Recon a few days ago and was told that the rep had told the sales manager that it might be to late to order a Recon. They let him place the order anyways and I was told I will hear from the dealer when they know something. That all made me disappointed and a little nervous. I am hoping this is not true. Any "in the know" know they answer to this?
For THIS month's allocation, the Rubicon Recon with auto trans is booked out. That's as of right now, a few days ago orders may have been open.

Next month (July), allocations will reopen on Friday the 7th. So if you missed June allocation, you should be good to go for July.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For THIS month's allocation, the Rubicon Recon with auto trans is booked out. That's as of right now, a few days ago orders may have been open.

Next month (July), allocations will reopen on Friday the 7th. So if you missed June allocation, you should be good to go for July.
I ordered my Recon in a 2 door manual so hopefully I'm ok.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Saw a 2 door JK in Chief Blue. Great color!

I didn't see Rubicon on the hood but it appeared to have Rubicon wheels though they could have been the black ones we see on the Willy's Wheeler model. Acid yellow for 2018 maybe?

NC

·
Premium Member
4 Posts

Hi, first post on this site so please excuse if I did not follow the correct format. A question about Milous' answer on 6/17 and allocations. I missed the July date. Any idea if there will be another order date in August for the Rubicon Recon or is Jeep finished with the 2017's? Hope not! Thanks and feel free to let know if I should post differently. No one seems to be shy so I'm sure I'll hear! :eek:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Any idea if there will be another order date in August for the Rubicon Recon or is Jeep finished with the 2017's? Hope not!
2018 banks tentatively set for August 10, 2017, but could be moved into September.
With the 2018 JK ordering banks possibly opening on August 10, I don't think there will be any chance for new 2017 JK orders in August.

·
Registered
75A
602 Posts
Saw a 2 door JK in Chief Blue. Great color!

I didn't see Rubicon on the hood but it appeared to have Rubicon wheels though they could have been the black ones we see on the Willy's Wheeler model. Acid yellow for 2018 maybe?

NC
My dealer had a 2 door Chief Blue Hard Rock and it looked great

·
Registered
Rubicon Recon
43 Posts
That tells me the standard calipers are different on the 2017 Recon compared to a Rubicon D44. The standard Recon calipers are from the vehicle(s) this bastard axle came from.

Unless there's existing larger brake components in the parts bin that fits this axle, it may be a long wait.

Remember, the Jeep Performance "Mopar Big Brake Kit" is assembled from the Mopar Parts bin... Dodge calipers, pads, etc.

What about just adding Teraflex big rotor kit? It uses factory calipers and brake pads? What other parts of the BBK would go to waste?

·
Registered
Subaru WRX
6 Posts
While I agree with you, just to offer the counter example.

Down in Florida, two young girls where backing out of their driveway, only to be hit and killed by a guy driving down their residential street. He claimed that the accident wasn't his fault at all. That the girls backed out of their driveway right in front of him.

The "black box" in this guy's car, showed that he pressed his brake pedal to the floor, ABS kicked in and was working to its max, and after some long hard braking, the data showed that he managed to slow down to 117 MPH at the time of impact (air bag deployment).

We can only guess at how fast this guy was going, but it had to be far faster than 117 MPH on this residential street.

The reality is, I am sure that these dead girls did indeed look both ways, and actually saw an empty street. Because at the speed this guy was driving, it would take no time at all for him to go from no where to be seen, to crash-bang.

Because of the "black box", the judge thru the book at him. :thumbsup:
Seems like you need a police radar detector but it depends what state your in because in California its illegal to have one.

Thats awful two girls died from an accident I wonder what kind of dashcam they had.

I came across this video and I believe you can get a premium safety package in your Jeep Wrangler and hook your dash cam to the extra audio/video input. 6 camera views and dash cam view I think thats pretty cool what do you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rbYHlnCW8Y&t=45s

7061 - 7077 of 7077 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.