Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys here is my issue:

Every 15-20 minutes when my phone is connected via bluetooth (NOT Apple Car Play) it disconnects from bluetooth for 15-30 seconds and reads on the screen "Connect Audio Bluetooth Device" and then eventually reconnects and picks up where it left off. I drive an hour each day to work and as you can imagine this is very frustrating and I can't get the dealer to duplicate the issue because they won't drive it for 20 minutes. Any thoughts on this issue?? Anyone else having this problem?? I have owned several GCs since 2014 and have never had this issue.

(I am one of the few who doesn't like apple car play so I don't use it.):mad::mad:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have you tried a different phone to see if it happens still? Have you tried unpairing the phone from the car, deleting the pairing on the radio and ohone, then repairing? Habe you tried rebooting the phone? Have you tried resetting the UConnect system?

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Have you tried a different phone to see if it happens still? Have you tried unpairing the phone from the car, deleting the pairing on the radio and ohone, then repairing? Habe you tried rebooting the phone? Have you tried resetting the UConnect system?
Ditto. But I will add when re-pairing do it with the car running.

Bluetooth pairing uses channels and picks the best channel when it pairs.
If the car is running it generates noise that could interfere with some channels more than others. So it may pick a more appropriate channel while running.

And like redwings said make sure you delete it off BOTH radio and phone.

Which phone do you have and which OS version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts